Restoring An Explorer

Well wes To me It looks Like A set neck That had Torn out but neck thru or not

The Way he was thinking about repairing It was Just A bad Idea To me!

So Calm done Wes If Im wroung Im wroung But can you tell me that by looking At his plans He really knows all that much about guitar repairs!!

t1r12003 dont take that As A put down man I meen that's why were here right To learn!! You seem to be An ok guy and You listening to what ever one has to say So Good on ya man! :D

What ever You deside to do Iwish you luck!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Calm done Wes If Im wroung Im wroung But can you tell me that by looking At his plans He really knows all that much about guitar repairs!!

i am just teasing :D

i just find it ironic,that's all.

but that's why he's here...to learn how to do it.i am sure it is not a gibson though

i do agree with your suggestion though...that's how i would do it.but i would build a neck through for it out of honduran mahogany if it was me

Hey Now there's An idea wes!! Cut out the center of that guitar Buy or build

I think your better to buy in your case, A Neck thru

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,...uitar_Neck.html

This would be the best way to go man!!

it's cheaper from carvin

Really I thought they where more! Have you got A link Wes? I havent really seen much of carvin's stuff

Carvin makes the stewmac necks. They can do paddle head at no extra charge, and if you ask they will do any options you want that they do on the guitars....mahogany neck, maple board, 5 piece neck, ect. You'll pay the same price as per a guitar for the options. Just browse the options on guitars and you'll know what is available and for how much.

...and if you need to glue wings onto the headstock, you could use saran wrap or duct tape, it truly works wonders.

Don't forget the food dye when you need to tint it a nice PRS trans-color, food dye is very affordable and you can even find it on Sundays in the local grocery.

Personally, I like vanilla food extract for getting that sweet butterscotch Tele look.

I hear The Donnas bought a whole batch of vanilla/butterscotch guitars from a great luthier.

:D:DB):DB)

...and if you need to glue wings onto the headstock, you could use saran wrap or duct tape, it truly works wonders.

Don't forget the food dye when you need to tint it a nice PRS trans-color, food dye is very affordable and you can even find it on Sundays in the local grocery.

Personally, I like vanilla food extract for getting that sweet butterscotch Tele look.

I hear The Donnas bought a whole batch of vanilla/butterscotch guitars from a great luthier.

:D  :D  B)  :D  B)

thanks man my lunch just got spat all over the table LMAO

:D

Sorry Marksound just a bit of an in joke I guess. Check Lichfields other fantastical building ideas... I'm waiting for the *nail varnish is a really good sound adhesive method* LOL sorry couldnt resist. Drak where is the WOD when you need it! :D Sorry again ban me but im absolutely killing myself at Draks reply B)

Im sorry this really isnt fair to the thread...

Trust me, dont bite off more than you can chew. Dont over complicate it either.

Kinda like those 27 fret necks that take a year to build and get lost in the mail?

Dude, no, we didn't forget. If you want to reintroduce yourself and your reputation, fine, I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, but you gotta give us something to believe in first.

:D:D:DB)

BURNED!!!

:D:DB):D

You people need lives. If you really see fit to burn someone, at least get facts right. For the love of God, it is sad how ridiculous you are. I have many better things to do.

this thread is getting off topic...let's get back to business,shall we?

but litch,what do you expect?there is absolutely no way in hell anyone could ever take your "advice" seriously after you showed you didn't mind ripping a guy that trusted you off...

Litch, I personally have no problem with you coming back here, but maybe you should start a thread and address the little issue we are all talking about before you start bad mouthing anyone.

Back to the explorer..........