What is your favorite "artist model" guitar body?

DaveK

What "Signature" Guitar body is your favorite?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

I'll try and stay focused on what the original question was about: Body shape.

The Ibanez JS/Radius body shape is the most comfortable body shape ever. And it looks killer in chrome! But even that shape wasn't specifically created for Joe.

I really dig Prince's "cloud" guitars. They look amazing in every colour he's got... dark blue, white, yellow, and they're a unique statement.

Another of my all-time favourites is the original Jackson Phil Collen archtop model. That is a gorgeous guitar!

It's a toss-up for me between Johnny Winter's Lazar (besides it being an original design, it has a very distinct and original tone)

...and the Rhoads/Jackson V, one of my favorite shapes.

Both of these guitars are originals, not just a regular model with special artist considerations.

I do have to give a nod to Dime tho, he really did elevate that POS into something no one ever thought would rise above a joke...

• 10 months later...

I like the Chet Atkins Gretschs. The Brain Setzer model with the dice for controls seems a bit tacky to me on such an expensive.

I also like (not a signature model per se) but the violin beatle bass. I played a vintage one recently (a left handed one strung right), and it was very cool.

It was the funnest bass I have ever played.

• 2 weeks later...

ooops i hit the null vote....but i voted for the Petrucci Ibanez. That was an awesome guitar, i loved the feel it had. I never had the chance to own one but visited the local guitar center often to play on it. I still wish John and hashino/ibanez coulda worked out their differences and kept the relationship going...i feel that was a big loss to ibanez. Johns musicman model is ok but im not 100% comfortable with it ...but whats done is done lol. I only hope i can scrape enough change and buy one from ibanez rules hopefully i will capture my unicorn "the JPM90TH" :D

• 2 weeks later...