Les Paul Style Guitar

I just got this in the booth tonight and I am really pumped to get this done. This is the third guitar this year and

is going to be killer. I really love the neck carve, fret access, and I guess the top is alright as well :D .

specs

East coast maple top, figured mahogany back(semi-hollow), 3-piece flame maple neck(.825-.900), stripped ebony board and headcap, 25" scale, gotoh hardware, and I'm pretty sure it will end up in a cherry sunburst,

213562998.jpg

Here are a few more shots

back

neck joint (a little blurry)

back

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a beauty, great woods and a really good neck join

Personally i would have added dark veneers between the flamed maple neck laminates for an even classier look (IMHO).

Thanks. I think adding dark laminates would have looked great, but for this project I wanted the neck to be one uniform color.

Daaaayyyyummmmm... Nice!

I really love the heel - very smooth transition.

Ah, do you have a picture of inside the semi-hollow? Would love to see that also.

213681137.jpg

This is the only picture I have of the insides(camera phone). I Hollowed out, then put a mahogany back on. This wasn't my first choice and next time I will do it differently. This is the first LP style guitar that I have built and is also the first carved top where I had to put the neck angle into the top. After realizing that my body would end up thinner at the neck joint than I originally wanted, I decided to make it a semi-hollow the way PRS did thiers so I could get the extra thickness.

How do you plan to get the 3-way in there with no rear access?

With magic.........actually I will fish it from the bridge pickup cavity through the semi hollow chamber.

woah, good luck with that, it'll look nicer for it. Lovely work so far, can't fault it....apart from the orange cavity cover...YES IT IS A JOKE :D