Plectrums

Samba Pa Ti

plectrums  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thought id see what plectrums people use or have used, if ive missed any out post them in here.

personally i use/used the dunlop gator and california clear ones

Its multiple choice, so you can choose more than 1 plec .

Edit (eep just noticed when trying to add a vote, you have to choose 1 from each section to submit a vote...)

You have to choose one from each manufacturer though in order for the poll to work... I only use Dunlop Nylon Heavy and Tortex Heavy so I had two extra random votes besides the ones I actually use, one for a "Premium Heavy" Fender and "Something else" from the Gibson list...

Can you fix that?

Edit: I saw your post edit just now...

Edited by leeranya

I just use anything really, so long as its rigid- I dont like those thin floppy plectrums much.

Currently I'm using these really cheap things that i got in a pack of 40 for £2.50 on ebay :D

I use all kinds, all shapes, sizes, gauges and materials from plastic, tortoise, marble and solid copper. Of course, with a poll like this you are going to end up with most preferences in the "other" category. When I first started playing guitars I was using the plastic tag used for closing the bag on a loaf of bread. :D For acoustic strumming (especially 12-string guitars) I like a thinnish pick and thicker for electric melody. A lot also depends on string gauge. Thicker strings = thicker picks for me. I also use metal fingerpicks (index + second fingers) and close cropped plastic thumbpick. So picks vary with all those factors I mentioned and the type of music I am playing.

I use all kinds, all shapes, sizes, gauges and materials from plastic, tortoise, marble and solid copper. Of course, with a poll like this you are going to end up with most preferences in the "other" category. When I first started playing guitars I was using the plastic tag used for closing the bag on a loaf of bread. :D For acoustic strumming (especially 12-string guitars) I like a thinnish pick and thicker for electric melody. A lot also depends on string gauge. Thicker strings = thicker picks for me. I also use metal fingerpicks (index + second fingers) and close cropped plastic thumbpick. So picks vary with all those factors I mentioned and the type of music I am playing.

I've finally gotten myself a number of sets of pics, preferring the medium dunlop tortex, from the first one I was hooked, don't know why never cared before.

Prior to that like you I used many different picks including many made from plastic cards, mainly from the credit card offers, they sometimes send a fake card and I would cut a few from that or old library cards. Those bread tags work great too and don't require cutting. If you want a thin one, go with a cut from plastic bottles or the like, lol.

I always enjoy trying new picks, it reminds me of a new pair of shoes.

Gator grips get it from me every time, think I use mediums (red ones) they're just great i lvoe the tone, the feel and the fluidity you can get with them, there's only one pick i prefer and that's my Solid brass one,. It has limited use but when you're doing a little fill or slow solo it just makes the guitar sing with all it's might, warmth, clarity and smoothness!

• 1 month later...