Big Fat Sexy Hunka Hunka Burnin' Wood!

Drak

Not to worry Wes, I've sworn to everyone the stains will be kept far, far away from this piece.

She's fat enough to get a few projects out of her tho!

I'm going to take your idea and grab my grinder and try out a carved top for one.

Wish me luck (and thanks for those carving pics, me no wanna use no stankin' spokeshaves, electricity is my FRIEND!) :D

I thought you were offering up a prayer for me there for a minute until I looked closer. :D

Neat bit, thanks again, that looks kinda like my binding channel bit, but much wider.

I'll be picking one of those up.

What kind of grinder/sanding disc do I need again, I only have the normal grinding discs for grinding metals.???

PS, hey, the guy's got more!

I called him and asked him if he would do some resawing for me before he shipped it (my local guy's resaw machine is not that trustworthy)

...and he's cutting 2 slices off of it for me, leaving me a 1 3/4" slab left over fo' later on. Really nice guy too.

I also might try to make an acoustic with it too, but me no make no 'coustic gee-tars yet B)

I considered making a solid-body out of the 1 3/4" remainder, and although it would be pretty cool, it almost seems like a waste, if you know what I mean...I'll probably wind up whoring it out as long as I can!

I see a Dobro top (always wanted to make one of those, I am a stone-cold fool for slide)

Acoustic top

Carved top

Solid-Body top

at least that much...she's a hawg sizewise! :D

And like I said, the guy's got more for sure, and the fact that he's willing to re-saw it for $5.00 a slice is a really great deal.