I'm sorry to hear. I lost my grandfather when I was 6 to tongue cancer. It was strange, also, tongue cancer being rare as well.

Although, I'll never forget the day that I told a substitute teacher off because she said there was no such thing as tongue cancer. The school didn't suspend me because I was right.

Anyways bro, sorry to hear that. Spend time with her, and talk to her as often as you can man.

The memories are the most important - Spend as much time with her as you can. I deeply regret spending as much time with my great grandmother as I could, but that was out of my control. I have lots of beautiful wood as the memories and a forum member or two that will do complete justice to some of it though! :D

Oh no that's terrible. It was such a nightmare going through that with my grandmother, especially the effects of the chemo. Spend time with her, give her lots of hugs and cherish the time you have left with her. I know how it feels to experience that and even though it was a couple years ago now I still miss her dearly. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Best wishes to you and grandma. Do you have a good oncologist? I think finding a good oncologist is important, I somehow lucked into mine as I went to him for some blood work until they found other problems and sent me to him, after researching I wouldn't go to anyone else. Funny enough I have ended up seeing a neighbor and one of my old friends mom there since going there . The place also is more or less ahead of the game as far as techniques are concerned, they have new technology when it comes to fighting cancer which is far less destructive as regular radiation and has a higher limit on amount that can be used on a person. These are extremely beneficial things when it comes to fighting cancer.

Years ago a friend of mines sister got cancer and they didn't have any answers for fighting and I went with her to mexico to find more information on special treatments that weren't being done yet in the US. It sounded good, but sadly she didn't make it long enough to receive the treatment. Even if a time frame has been set as your grandmas case, it is beneficial to have a good oncologist as they can make those months as painless as possible, just wanted to mention that for whatever its worth. Well, my best wishes to you, your family, and grandma. J

• 1 year later...

My condolences Daniel. It always seems to have to happen on Christmas. My grandfather died on Christmas day 1972. And just yesterday morning my uncle passed away. He lived a hard life, ie. drinking, smoking and eating to excess where he spent the last years of his life in a wheelchair and bedridden, also with gout, diabetes and a colostomy bag. But he had some highlights, he helped win the Memorial Cup for the Peterborough Petes in 1959 under coach Scotty Bowman, used to scout for a number of NHL teams (Montreal, St. Louis etc) and finished his hockey career as Asst. Mgr. for the Flyers under Bobby Clark in the 80's. I am sort of thankful that my uncle and I were rather distant, no tears shed and I imagine all my cousins (Gary's kids) are expelling a collective sigh of relief to know that his suffering (and theirs) has ended. But its a shame to have to make funeral arrangements (huh, Gary wants a fiddle player at his wake) when you should be celebrating Christmas.

Edited by Southpa

Daniel,

First my condolences to you and family. Very Heartfelt as I have been and felt the pain. Also realize that the works of our Supreme Being have reason, something we will not understand until our own time. Believing as you do, ( based on posts you have made) I hope and pray you understand? God Bless you, your Grandma and your family. My prayers are with you at this time as well with all.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Mike

I'm sorry to hear to that Daniel. My grandfather passed away a little over four years ago from cancer, had three different ones and decided it wasn't worth fighting that third one. It's really hard to see that, but just remember the good times and all that, sounds so cliche, but it's true.

may she rest in peace bro. I lost my grandpa last year to a brain stroke (which he had a year earlier and it left him paralyzed, speechless, and unable to recognize anything nor anyone). And my grandma just got the same stroke (2 months ago) but she's aware of what's happening..... i know how sad this situation is :D at least your grandma's not suffering anymore..... rest in peace.