8-string Replacement Build

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have alot more builds on the go now, next up is a set neck 7string flying v I started 2 years ago

The EMG is set so low because I still need to mount it in place right now its just siting in there, and I'll shot some pics of the back in the AM the light out side sucks now

Matt Very nice work but if you want my vote in the GOTM I want to see pics of the back and I want to see that pickup set in place..I would also like to see pics of the wiring in the control cavity...usually I would skip that,but since you have an oil finish,the rest will have to be immaculate to get my complete respect,because I know how difficult a thick,brilliant finish is too lay down...

It really does look good though...

And you will have them :D with the pickup I need some longer screws to get the hight I want and need, also another thing i'll be working on is the strings all I could get out in ass bass nowhere was a set of 12s and 9s that I made this set in to and Im not happy with them, and yep oil was alot of easy work . I want to start doing spray finishing but Ill have to wait untill next spring to start a booth its geting COLD fast

I am a little lost here...what happened to the single cut?

It was put aside so I could finish what I started. I'll get to it again after I finish off some stuff thats been siting for way too long

I like the purple guitar better personally and a fine job...I never seem to stop messing with my guitars, the telecaster went through a couple of earlier versions in the electronics, starting off as a very standard thing, had a tremolo at one stage...I began it in December so it was a long time coming...I also have a bunch of other guitars in the works that have sat around for much longer...so I wouldn't feel bad about the wait.

I missed this thread when it started, I guess seriously pointy guitars and so many strings are not my thing...If you do the single cut "again" or if I had commented sooner, I would have suggested that the top back half be skewed to a wing like thing at the back (think firebird or something) rather than symmetrical to give it a more forward leaning stance and help with potential balance problems.

pete

My only concern.

Your top horn's strap button.

PLEEEEEASE put an extra-long screw into it to make sure it doesn't break out of that very thin horn. It looks phenomenal and I don't wanna hear ANY tragedy stories in the future!

Awesome work. And that saw blade is... you guessed it... METAL