Flame Maple... What to do with it

Solid flame! Awesome! When I saw the body shape, I thought - wait, is that one of Scott's guitars? - Yup, very nice Scott!

Is that body finished? If so, what did you use?

Is it heavy? Does it sound good?

The Body is finished in 4 coats of Tung Oil. I didnt want to bury the guitar in Heavy polyester and deaden it any. It was basically a test to see what a Maple 7 string sounded like thats why I used a stock neck. Yes it is heavy, Not as heavy as a Les Paul but it's still a tank :D

very sweet! :D

So the brightness of the maple helps the clarity? The guys in Korn use mahogany for their custom bodies and I always thought mahogany would muddy up the sound of the low notes. I've been wanted to replace my RG7421 body for a while and now I got a good idea of what could make it sound clearer and look sweet.

that is soo nice! I've always thought about a seven string but wood always made me think otherwise, do you highly recogmend it?

that is soo nice! I've always thought about a seven string but wood always made me think otherwise, do you highly recogmend it?