Another Kl Les Paul

well some dont read all of the thread. i had already routed the neck pocket for the neck, and drilled and routed all cavities. it was basicly readdy to go. but after a few days of deciding, i have decided to attempt to finish it. and for a few other reasons. its going to be a long shot, but i have to try. i know i sounded like a whiney baby, and i assure you that was the first and last time. am NEVER one to give up. if i started something, i have to finish it. so no matter how much i want to quit, my instincts and concious wont let me. pics up soon.

Excellent.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the neck will still work, it is just cutting it closer than i'd like. bad pics from 12 in the morning, so not really a point, but o well. i should have taken a pic from before...

DCAM0098.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k...ul/DCAM0099.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k...ul/DCAM0100.jpg

Something that I forgot to mention is that I have seen Gibson Les Paul's with their bridge saddles notched offset instead of dead center. If you can get replacement saddles for your bridge that aren't notched you might be able to bring the string spacing in more for your liking by notching them yourself. Glad to see you are giving it a go.

Good luck,

Jeff

I have wired three of my guitar's with EMG's and only had one problem, I forgot to put the battery in one. I followed the instructions that came with them and it worked out fine. If wired correctly, good battery is installed and the pickup is correctly plugged in then maybe there is something wrong with the pickups. However, I doubt that the pickups are bad. If I have some time I will try to take a closeup picture of how my EMG's are wired and post it.

i know, ive used a ton of different wiring diagrams and i cant get them to work. ive wired over 25 guitars and never had a problem. but this time i just cant get it to work. i posted a topic in electronics, but everyone just thinks im am too inexperienced and dont know what im doing. but i havnt done emgs before, but i have used a bunch of other actives. i just cant figure out why i can wire them.

just waiting to figure out the stupid wiring.

DCAM0025-3.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k.../DCAM0028-4.jpg

It's a nice looking LP, I'm happy that you're going to finish it !! Sometimes I feel completely fed up too. But a couple of days off to other things normally cure it.

What was the problem with the neck, anyway ?? From the two pics above I see everything aligns quite well... Is it too narrow at the nut or something like that ??

i know, ive used a ton of different wiring diagrams and i cant get them to work. ive wired over 25 guitars and never had a problem. but this time i just cant get it to work. i posted a topic in electronics, but everyone just thinks im am too inexperienced and dont know what im doing. but i havnt done emgs before, but i have used a bunch of other actives. i just cant figure out why i can wire them.

The problem is that you're not listening to advice that's been given, and you have diarrhea of the keyboard. This is not the fault of anyone who's been following your thread in Electronics. There is a big difference between wiring over 25 guitars and troubleshooting ONE problem guitar. You need to get off the computer, buy a multimeter and learn how to use it, or bite the bullet and have someone with the skills troubleshoot the guitar. If I was in Corrales, I'd come over and fix it for FREE. Sadly, I'm not, so you'll just have to find someone who can.

Edited by crafty

The problem is that you're not listening to advice that's been given, and you have diarrhea of the keyboard. This is not the fault of anyone who's been following your thread in Electronics. There is a big difference between wiring over 25 guitars and troubleshooting ONE problem guitar. You need to get off the computer, buy a multimeter and learn how to use it, or bite the bullet and have someone with the skills troubleshoot the guitar. If I was in Corrales, I'd come over and fix it for FREE. Sadly, I'm not, so you'll just have to find someone who can.

OK i get it! youve already told me that! what dont you get about me already doing what youve told me? the only thing i havnt done is get a meter. i wasnt blaming it on anyone. you act like i ignore what everyone is saying and still complaing because i cant do it. thats not the case. i have listened. and i already told you, there isnt anyone i can take it to right now.

all put together and ready for the last step, new pickups. i sold the emgs. and thanks to a new camera from jason (jmrentis) i have much better pics now.

the mahogany looks so orange, it almost looks like paduak!

Full front shot ( a bit crooked)

IM001444.jpg

headstock

headstock (downward angle)

back

back of headstock

back again (better)

I'm glad to see the camera worked without complication! And man that finish is sweet! It looks crazy, the color is so rich in that finish, really looks cool, much better than a normal mahogany finish to my eyes, its brighter and richer. It almost does look like paduak. Very nice work, project came out very nice. Keep up the killer work and keep those pics coming! J