Black Walnut Kelly

Hi all started work on a kelly :D so a few pics for you all

timber all ready to work on set out all the positions of where things will go

10032008117.jpg

truss rod and c f rods slotted into place head angled as well

19032008120.jpg

neck shaped and sanded

19032008122.jpg

going for all gold hardware, twin humbuckers with coil taps on them . and a true oil finish will post more pics when i have got my lazy ass into work mode :D

Looks good so far. Don't you just love the smell of Walnut being cut?

I noticed that the neck isn't centered in the center laminate, are you going to cut off the excess on the right side to center it?

Keep us posted on your progress! B)

will do when i get round to doing more work on it ,so it looks equal and central :D love how walnut makes me choke :D

Edited by uk chris

Very nice work there man, diggin; the explorer shape. and i thought you left the forum killemall8 :D

i said no more posting, as in no more threads for people to not care about...

Yeah, okay whatever. If you guys want to chew each other out over something outside the scope of this thread then by all means take it to PM. This has no relevance here.

Looking good. I really like how the grain matches up making it look like one piece.

Does it have a neck angle? How are you going to get a good action with just the height of the fingerboard over the body plain?

its got o neck angle the bridge is a roller type i have used one before it was all thought off before the build was started :D

time for a mock up of how its going to look

04042008137.jpg

:D

looking good, this one needs a new name. it started as a kelly. but you went with the explorer. but it still has some kelly look to it, the lower horn under the neck is kelly length. too long to be an explorer... this is gonna be awesome when you finish