Hi Folks, I know a lot of you have e-mailed me links to your site, but here is the place to post it!

Project Guitar.com < Has a new section titled "When All Else Fails" for those people that truely want a custom guitar but neither have the tools or the time to make their dreams come true.

So if you build guitars to order and have a website, post the link here and I will include a link to it in the new section.

Peace, Brian

Just a thought... before we get any offers from people like this... but how are the 'businesses' checked? I mean, lets say Litchfield (used as an example, because he isnt here any more) came in here and wanted a link up... he certainly took commissions, but clearly wasnt 'ready' to build for people. We've also seen others on this forum take on paying jobs when they arent at a stage where they should NOT be charging for work.

I just dont want to see anyone ripped off. Its happened too many times.

Just a thought... before we get any offers from people like this... but how are the 'businesses' checked? I mean, lets say Litchfield (used as an example, because he isnt here any more) came in here and wanted a link up... he certainly took commissions, but clearly wasnt 'ready' to build for people. We've also seen others on this forum take on paying jobs when they arent at a stage where they should NOT be charging for work.

I just dont want to see anyone ripped off. Its happened too many times.

Same thing crossed my mind. My guess was Brian is smart enough to check into it before posting someones link.

I'd hesitate on any sort of Big Brother policy. I doubt that all businesses that advertise on the radio, TV, or in the newspaper (even on a small scale like in the Classifieds or the weekly flyer) are checked by the publisher for the worthiness of their business. I would absolutely hate to see anyone ripped off, either, but it's impossible to police and is ultimately the buyer's responsibility in terms of checking things out.

I think a middle ground good be something along the lines of a disclaimer inviting browsers to solicit opinions on this very forum. Gives them a good reason to sign up, too. :D

Greg

mostly true for me as well... its only recently that i am starting to get some further a field and i think we have to trust that the buyer will look into the builder before commisioning anything. i know the people that are having stuff from me ask lots of questions first and i encourage that

It also depends on the level of quality the buyer wants too. If you want a 10K guitar you’ll be researching to see who gives the best bang for the buck. However, there are a lot of interesting guitars being built from builders who are still learning which can be purchased at a much more cost effective price but at a lower quality level.

Buyer beware is a good motto in any situation.

From CD's to DVD's to Cigar box guitars... My list of stuff to sell keeps growing.

I've only just gotten to the point where I'm comfortable selling the guitars that I build. I tweak them until they can stand up to the usual abuse that I put a guitar under. I bend strings like crazy. Once I get them set up, to me they're perfect and I hate to part with them. But, if someone buys one of my guitars, I know that it's a great guitar.

Anywho... step right up and get your tickets...

http://www.bellyjellymusic.com

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...