Ebay

fidgec94

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 set of crappy tuners that took quite a while to get a refund from, and one emg85 that's kinda fritzy.... but that's 70$.......the other 1600$ i've spent on ebay was well worth it

Snork's got it, ebay is a well designed system. Reasonable too. Where else can you reach millions of people for $3 and include color pic's? Not in your local paper!

I have bought and sold on ebay with no problems so far. I do watch the feedback and if they're are any negatives I read them before I buy. Some people will complain no matter what. I look for the real complaints and stay away from those sellers. Once I find a good one I'll go back. You end up getting some nice deals after you deal with someone a while. They know you'll pay right away and don't mind knocking off a few bucks for you.

BTW here's my latest purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...tegory=621&rd=1

I always wanted to go acoustic. :D Should be here this week!!!

well ive spent alot of cash on ebay between my PRS, mesa boogie, kayak, ond lots of jewlry from the wife its been good to us. just read the sellers feed backs before you bid! besides ebay is a legal doccument so in reality they cant screw ya, you can just notify ebay and they will take care of it.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Never scammed. But being educated helps. People try to sell reissues as "mint" originals constantly. And lets not forget kench. But, if you know what to look for, you hould be fine. Ebay is good, unless you do something that doesnt make sense to you without asking questions. And read feedback. The scammers have bad feedback. So take care of yourself, and ebay'll be good to you.

I bought my Les Paul Special on Ebay last year with the knowledge that it was beat up... but those little Jpegs never told me just how much the guitar had been beaten up!! I've only now just decided to study the project guitar site, and try to do something about it!

Done lots of buying and selling. Never had any major problems. I also read any negative or neutral feedback. Sometimes I read the feedback of the people that left the seller the negatives. Easy way to find the serial complainers. Ebay insures buys only up to 500$ minus 25$ to file the complaint. If buying bigger ticket items escrow isn't a bad idea. Figure on adding roughly 3 to 5 percent but it's well worth it as opposed to getting taken for a grand or so. BTW Lichfield, what is Kench?

Never scammed, but I got a few lemons because someone didn't know what they were selling and mis titled it. But most were bodies, not actual guitars. The Ibanez RG and the Jackson Scott Ian JJ were great buys. I got one person who couldn't purchase my 4x12 and another that didn't return emails. Now I'm a better buyer so hopefully I won't have anymore bad experiences.

Only problems I've had so far were minor , like delays in sending of articles due to sickness or somebody screwing up a number in contacet information. Mostly I've encountered kind people and since most of the stuff I bought wa smusic related I always had something to chat about and got to know a couple of nice blokes. However, the really expensive stuff (two synthesizers) were picked up by me in person, because they were expensive and a bitch to transport so for saving a few bucks in transportation I managed to pick those deals up myself.

I'm waiting for another body and a neck...might become the first scam I fall victim to, the guy had negative feedback but he responded to my emails...

so long

ace

btw, as to kench, see the "PG stolen info on ebay" thread in the announcement section

• 5 months later...

Ebay ebay ebay, figure this you only get what you pay for sometimes its great other times its a piece... Ebay has started to liberate guitarist from BS prices... Next time you want that Les Paul from Sam ash or guitar center print out some prices and then go there... much better deals...

• 2 weeks later...

I've lost the equivilient of about $200 with transactions to the states from the UK.... the problem usually comes from people using weird payments, that I can't bank here.... Oh, and people not realising that a UK £ is worth more than a $ and pulling out of auctions.

Generally though it's pain free and you can get some great bargains if you play it right.

I've never been scammed, but i have had a couple of rough buying transactions.

One was a guitar that was in much worse shape than it looked in the photos. The seller took it back no questions asked.

Another was a speaker cab that took over six weeks to ship... the guy i bought it from left the bricks-and-mortar store he was representing on eBay, and they just kept giving me excuse after excuse for why it hadn't shipped yet. Then they shipped it to Canada with a domestic waybill, and it got turned around at the border. I finally got it, and i gave the seller negative feedback for abandoning the sale, and he gives me negative feedback in a lame tit-for-tat, even though i paid immediately and was very patient through all of the bullshit.

Other than those two, i've had nothing but smooth buy/sell transactions, and haven't lost a dime on eBay. My first eBay experience was when i bought my Parker... not exactly a small item to start off with! But the seller was a first-time eBayer as well, so we were both being very cautious and spoke to each other a couple of times on the phone, so it went very well.

eBay really is an amazing marketplace. It's unfortunate it's turned into such a dodgy scam-haven at times, but if you're cautious and know a few tricks of the trade, you shouldn't have many problems.