3d Hardwoods

I don't know if they still work, but I know a good number of people here bought wood from them in the past. They used to also have an Ebay site under a different name, I'm sure some of the old school PG members will know the name. I'd definitely try some more. I've always thought they sold some amazing wood. North Ridge Hardwoods seems to carry some nice pieces as well. Best of luck. J

I sent them an e-mail last year and never heard back. I couldn't be bothered to send another one. I figure if they don't need my business, then I don't want to give them my money. I may try again someday, though... they have some really nice looking sets. Maybe the e-mail got accidentally filed as spam or something.

Any reason they appear to cut out body shapes from all of their bookmatched sets?

I may order a few sets so if anyone from the UK wants to get in on a bulk order to save shipping, let me know. I'm in Jersey and, quite often, customs doesn't grab my shipments. At least there's no Brown/Darling gratuity (VAT).

Cheers

Buter

Any reason they appear to cut out body shapes from all of their bookmatched sets?

are you referring to the template they put on the wood to show people with a lack of imagination how it might look as a guitar :D

are you referring to the template they put on the wood to show people with a lack of imagination how it might look as a guitar :D

Yes, I am. At a quarter to eight in the morning, making me feel stupid is the sole privelage of my wife; the general public is not allowed to point and laugh until 9am (9:30 on weekends). Well played.

On my screen it certainly looked like the pieces had been cut and were laying on a rather uncomfortable couch. On closer examination, shadows from the template can be seen.

As you have ordered from them before, what sort of shipping time did you have?

Cheers

Buter

• 4 weeks later...

Since this thread was created, I've emailed him about items, received responses, ordered and received shipment. He definitely is around. Not sure why you can't make contact. He replied to my emails within minutes usually.

Edited by jpmarsh