Manual or automatic

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

manual or automatic?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

If youre not really shifting, youre not really driving. Exactly why I am in the process of converting my maxima.

Had to use a 5 spped tho. came out of an 82 280 ZX

Heh, when I was in my 20's I was exactly like you... I enjoyed driving. Now that I'm old and decrepit :D I prefer an automatic and driving is a chore.

In total agreement! I have an automatic in the car and a 5 speed in my 4X. The 5 speed does not get driven much, except to go get muddy. MMMM! Mud.

okay. yes, i'm 18, i love to drive, and i really do like driving a stick, but my bro-in-law has a '98 corvette w/ a turbo, custom exhaust and about 550 HP, and i've driven that thing. it's automatic. that car alone has changed my mind and let me know that even if it's automatic, it can still kick some serious a$$. plus, both of my vans are auto, so i'm kinda used to it.

once again, i still love sticks. i stunt drove my friend's 3000 GT for my last short film and loved every minute of it.

I drive a 4 cylinder Chevy s-10 that cant even get out of its own way. Thankfully it has a manual transmission, otherwise I would really hate the thing

i have one of those too...with the "sport appearance package"...what a joke!

don't worry it breaks in at about 100,000 miles and then it gets a LITTLE more power

Aaron, I doubt you could go 140 mph in 5th in a nissan 350Z. Or any other 6 speed. When you get yer liscence, test dive one.

yeah, i got **** scared at 240kmph (149mph) in my new corvette engined, 6sp Monaro, even though there was not a single vibration or anything. The damn thing was still pulling hard when i let off. It was only doing 3600rpm (rev limit at 6250).

Ive also pulled 230kmph in my 1968 Monaro (400 chev engine, turbo 400 box), and that thing is like a big brick.

For a second I thought I was on the BMW forum!! They have an ongoing battle about this. My take is this:

When I was under 30 I'd take a manual. Now I'm almost 40, gimme the auto. I have a "sport" mode in mine which raises the shift points and keeps it out of 5th gear. Works great for me and it's just as quick as a manual without worrying about toasting a clutch every time I play. BTW this is also an ongoing argument - is it really as quick as a manual?? It works for me that's all I care about.

BMW4Sale.jpg

I drive a 4 cylinder Chevy s-10 that cant even get out of its own way. Thankfully it has a manual transmission, otherwise I would really hate the thing

i have one of those too...with the "sport appearance package"...what a joke!

don't worry it breaks in at about 100,000 miles and then it gets a LITTLE more power

Mines an 89, and there is nothing sporty looking about the thing. It had 64K miles on it when I bought it, and its got about 85K miles at the moment!

Never driven a 6 speed, my Nissan pickup is a 5 speed and the autos I drove in the past were crappy (Ford Taurus).

But my girlfriend has some really giving parents and she has a Lexus IS300 (?) and it's got the paddle-auto shifter. BAsically it's an auto, but you can pop it over to manual and use triggers on the sterring wheel to move up or down in gear. It's not my favorite version tho. I like the Jetta/Passat we test drove because its done on the stick itself and resembles the directional movement of a stick shift more. The PT cruiser is similar but the shifting is horizontal rather than vertical.