Guitar Of The Month For October

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Virgil Guitar: Excellent inlay but seriously too busy for me. These specialty guitars have their place but just like the PRS dragon, that place is not on my wall. I’m not one for traditional shapes but a slightly more traditional shape would take away from some of the chaos on this guitar and help to keep me interested in the extensive inlay work. The addition of the video was cool. Thank for that!

Crow: good take on a PRS shape. I love the reverse headstock and the star inlays. I wish the pictures were better and showed off the finish more. The second picture left me wondering about orange peel but that could have been reflections. Also, the use of the Fulcrum tremolo just didn’t do anything for me.

Kramersteen: BC.Rich would be proud… or possibly contacting lawyers for a cease and desist. Everything looks good on this guitar and reminds me of the 80’s but overall colors don’t do much for me. The second guitar did more for me. Never understood completing against yourself in a competition but this one was the best of your submissions. The guitar reminded me of early GMW paintjobs. Again, better pictures could have helped. I particularly liked the use of the clear pickguard. The third guitar. Outside the three humbuckers, this guitar did nothing for me. However, none of the Ibanez Satch shapes have either. Guitar number four!!!!! Seriously, enough is enough. Please keep it to one (maybe two) per month…This guitar did nothing for me. Couldn’t even tell they were skulls until the closeup shot.

Andyt: Crap! The day you posted this I fell in love with it. I WANT THIS GUITAR! Beautiful color, wood, design and execution. I have nothing but love for this guitar… unfortunately, it did not get my vote! Any other month, it would have.

Jaycee: I might take flack for this but this bass really reminds me of Danelectro. It may be the wood you used. I know it is not a Danno shape but that’s what it reminds me of. I’m a bigger fan of the stretched out and sleeker basses but this is a looker and looks well done. Better photography could have helped.

Demonx: Loved this guitar the first time I saw it. Traditional shape but it has EVERYTHING I love in a guitar. Kahler, single humbucker, minimal controls, no inlay and a reverse neck. I also love the finish! This is the one that got my vote this month. Just simply everything I like. If you build this guitar in the shape of Andyt’s guitar, I’d just have a heartattack and sell my kids to buy it!

I just wanted to saw thanks to the few people so far that have voted for me, thanks for the comments and kind words. It's means a lot to me.

Also, to everyone who submitted a guitar into this months build off, hello, good luck and damn you guys are good - theres some brutal competition and such a wide variety of works and definitely several thousand hours between us all slaving our butts off in our precious spare time.

I would love to shake all of your hands!

Cheers

Allan

P.S. To anyone looking at my guitarm its not a "standard" superstrat.

It's actually longer and skinnier than standard.

Ive even held it up above the skinny ibanez models and mines longer and pointier!

It's my own redesign that looks standard. Cheers.

Wow, nice guitars this month - it was a toss up for me with the Green Zebra and I liked the graphics on the Explorer too - I figured I'd at least give it a shot to post my very first guitar build that I recently finished (Dueling Dragons)- I'm currently working on build number 2 - I am really into this - seems like I found my new addiction! Good luck to all!

VirgilGuitar - Nice work on the inlays. I am not a fan of inlays... they cause tonal bright spots on the neck but I recognize good work. I think this month you might fall to simplicity but don't be disheartened your work is nice and these contests can be interesting in the actual winner.

AndyT - You are my hero. No top I love more than Zebrawood and you know I have a soft spot for explorers... Clean work as always. I would grab this one in a heartbeat and take it home. Did you peel the chrome from that hardware or order it like that?

Crow: You can not win with this crowd... when you take bad pictures they complain and when you take good pictures they question the integrity. Excellent work as always. You are a master with a gouge. Nice headstock.

Jaycee: Nice work. I felt the body to be a bit big. Props for chambering though and the f hole is spot on.

Demonx: Nice clean sleek almost to the point of being boring. I would own it (actually I probably have something very similar somewhere...)

Kramersteen: You took votes from yourself with your own competition. I think the Voyager was the guitar to enter. The blind guardian pics are hard to see the detail in. The other 2 are ok but probably not going to win GOTM. Look forward to future entries.

I myself love the zebra custom to. in saying that the bronze hardware doesn't do it for me :D

GROGES SIGNATURE looks mint, nice and clean.

All the rest of the entries are amazing to. And in the future i wont be so silly that i post 4 at once. that was a rookie mistake on my behalf. B)

Also i feel my little bonefire custom has got of to a bad start, even know its a killer little guitar. The graphics on the back of the neck really add some mojo for me. Not to toot my own horn but yeah i guess the graphic are a bit dull. The bypass switch in addition to the 3 way split, series and parallel gives you 6 different sounds from one humbucker.:D

I find it hard to take good photos of any guitar, factory or custom. Its a real hit or miss with me. And its not my camera because my wife and i have a new digital canon slr which cost me a bounty. There's just so many settings and i cant be ass'd reading the manula B)

Kramer,take your pictures outdoors(since obviously you don't have pro lighting..most of us don't).Shine the guitars up really well and try to get a pic of the guitar that shows off the reflections of the sky,trees,or whatever.have a picture from the body down the neck so that the straightness of the neck can be seen,and try to include any special things you want to be in the pic.Also,hold the camera as still as you can(Iknow,hard to do,but fuzzy pics will not do you any favors)

Can't blame the camera! The pics I submitted I took with my mobile phone!

Westhemann is right. Take them outside!

When I took those pics it was an overcast day, you can even see a few rain spots on the guitar in a couple of them. Natural light is the cameras friend, especially I'd you're like me and using a mobile phone as a camera!

I voted for DemonX. I love the guitar.

Love the finish, i am a sucker for camo finishes, kahler, single pickup, no inlays, bound freboard...

Virgil's guitar is impressive. Beyond impressive. But it's not for me...like Zyons said, it shares a niche with the PRS Dragon. More of a work of art.

Green Zebra is gorgeous too, but , DemonX's guitar was more of my taste....

Great inlay work on the Dueling Dragonsvery shiny but a bit busy for my taste.

Crows - new design came a close second, I liked the inlays and the carving very nice burst and body colour. Kramersteen The Voyager is my third and favourite of all his entries the map artwork is excellent, as is the skulls on the Bonfire.

I love Zebrano so it seemed a pity to paint the green Zebra green.

So Demonx Groges signature spec got my vote this monthit is nice and clean, simple great black finish but it was the "Tobacco burst paint on rear of neck" that sold it for me. So easy to forget the reverse of the guitars.

If I had posted better pics of my Cecar I'm sure I would have walked away with it :D

It was between the dueling dragons and green zebra for me. Honestly I think I like the green zebra better but the dueling dragons got my vote. Its not really my style of guitar at all, but but it was executed very well and there is ton of hard work wrapped up in that guitar. The green zebra I love, I always lean to the side of let a woods natural beauty speak for itself and this guitar does than in spades, simple and classy. Also I am a sucker for bronze hardware.

lots of graphics this month, and I really dont like graphics... at all... that being said I think that the voyager was pretty cool, it probably has the most tasteful graphics of any guitar I've seen (although I think the concept would be way cooler in wood burning).

the new crow design didnt do much for me, is it a carve top or not? I would like to see it go one way or the other.

Cecer had some cool wood, but overall I am just not diggin it... I think that one just comes down to personal tastes in body style and all that.