67 Flying V "modified Copy"

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to show today.I spent the day thinning the back and trying to flatten out minor imperfections...The Saf T Planer works as advertized,but once I get myself a wood shop I need to hook up an old drill press to a larger flat surface,because with the tiny table on a drill press,all it does is mirror whatever imperfections are on the back side,and stability is an issue.With a large table though it would be super sweet and much cheaper than a huge planer,plus you have the option of planing a top already attached to a body and neck.

I am trying something new this time.I mixed up a tiny amount of epoxy,put on my rubber(powder free) gloves,and rubbed the epoxy into the fretboard until it disappeared....hopefully leaving a tougher but wetter looking surface.May take another application.

What you see in the pup rout is glue that spilled through the hole in the neck pocketthat you have to drill to get from neck pup to bridge pup.

l.jpg

i would like some opinions from you guys if you don't mind.I was going to use all chrome hardware for this one,but I am having second thoughts.With all of the black accents I am thinking of switching to black hardware...

Thoughts?

I vote BLACK BLACK BLACK. No not AFLAC, BLACK :D

i would like some opinions from you guys if you don't mind.I was going to use all chrome hardware for this one,but I am having second thoughts.With all of the black accents I am thinking of switching to black hardware...

Thoughts?

What a beautiful V !

I think I missed the color you have in mind for it.

But unless you make it really dark, black hardware will look just perfect on this guitar.

Okay,so I ordered some flush mount strap locks in black..everything else I already have in black...I am going to use this one as a chance to go all GFS on it...pups,bridge,tuners...the strap locks are Dunlop of course.

Make sure you give reviews on all that GFS hardware. I'm especially curious about the tuners. I'm afraid to try them.