Kea's Guitar Build Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for sure that V would get some love.

Question,

Anybody know if tru oil will work on top of danish oil? the V still looks kinda splotchy because of the type of grain redwood has.

Maybe everyone is just stunned speechless?

It's a beauty of a top for sure... almost looks like a nebula. I bet you can get lost for awhile staring at it in person

I thought for sure that V would get some love.

Question,

Anybody know if tru oil will work on top of danish oil? the V still looks kinda splotchy because of the type of grain redwood has.

before someone who actually knows the answer replies let me just say that I'm the process of doing exactly that. I managed to get hold of some Tru Oil finally and I'm now doing two necks with it. After I saw how the first one is coming out I decided to also put it on the top of my nylon string build. Looking good so far.

Thanks man. Yes, the center stripe is paduak. It is such a great wood to use for extreme contrasts.

I hadn't really planned on putting any more into the body. The headtsock is now covered with a matching piece of the body wood.

Pros,

All the veneer i have bought, from numerous sellers, has always been listed as "1/42" thick. I never really questioned it.

And speaking of veneer,

I picked up a lot of 4 sheets of massively figured bubinga. They were wide and long enough to where i know i could get at least 2 out of each sheet. but i actually found a way to get 3 different body shapes cut out of just 1 sheet. So 3 bookmatched bodies and still enough for headstocks out of just 2 sheets of bubinga. Should be sweet! Pics tomorrow when the explorer is out of the clamps.

Man, warmoth has almost doubled the price of fretwire in just a few months! Last time i ordered it in the summer it was around 6 or 7 bucks per neck length. Now, 13 bucks! That really sucks. I always thought that was the best deal.

You should buy direct from Jescar. Much cheaper and excellent quality.

Man, warmoth has almost doubled the price of fretwire in just a few months! Last time i ordered it in the summer it was around 6 or 7 bucks per neck length. Now, 13 bucks! That really sucks. I always thought that was the best deal.

You should buy direct from Jescar. Much cheaper and excellent quality.

Just looked, and it is not cheaper at all. 10 bucks for only 25 pre cut pieces. I can get a neck and a half or 3/4 out of 1 neck length from warmoth.