Straps?

jbkim

Well, we've had a favorite picks topic. What about straps? I did a quick search in this forum and found this interesting "Slider-Strap" here. My favorite is this 3" wide camo one I got in the 80's but this style doesn't seem to be around anymore. I tried DiMarzio's but it seems to be made from the same material as car seat belts... it's too slippery, my guitar moves around too much. I currently like the Dunlops... cheap, thick, guitar stays put.

omg the guy on the slider strap thing is frightening. i just like any leather 3" and up strap. doesnt need to be expensive. But i own a jerry garcia styled strap. it gets the job done. but you NEED a dunlop thingy with the uhhh thing to uhhh save your guitar from dropping. my new guitar WILL have that.

omg the guy on the slider strap thing is frightening. i just like any leather 3" and up strap. doesnt need to be expensive. But i own a jerry garcia styled strap. it gets the job done. but you NEED a dunlop thingy with the uhhh thing to uhhh save your guitar from dropping. my new guitar WILL have that.

Dunlop Straploks? Absolutely! but someone'll come in and say they suck compared to the Schaller's :D.

i like dimarzio "clip lock" straps. i have 3 of them, green, purple and a black one, so sweet. before that i used an ernie ball 2'' with schaller strap locks, schallers are super nice.

I favor the dunlop dual-locking straplocks.

I use Levy's 2" plain black leather straps (M-7 or something like that). They are a pain to find out, cause all of the shops have all those crazy design or thick-on-one-end, thin-on-the-other straps.

I'm simple, just a 2" plain black leather strap.

i have this levis soft leather strap. its plain ole black, and 2.5 inches thick. 1 inch as just flat leather, and about 3/4 inch to either side of soft flexible padded leather that makes me... uhh.. yea :D . its nothin fancy, which is perfect for my look, and it holds on to my guitar like itll never let go.. almost impossible to take off lol

the kramer strap i got when i bought my guitar. its leather and i really love it

the true test of a strap is whether you can play topless with it. i find nylon straps dig into my skin but leather is really soft

I got the really crappy woven plain old black strap with leather ends, that i have actually almost dropped my guitar with 2 times, lucky i have fast refelcts and i caught it by the neck, although it snapped a string and that hurt alot, I am lookin at a levy padded one.......they feel good, but the store dont let my try them on topless unfourtnetly...

Curtis