Anoher Design - Inigo

5 hours ago, ZekeB said:

Thanks Mike.  I'm thinking a neck through with a drop top.  What's the n2?

nuno bettencort model from washburn... has a unique bolt on neck.  so the drop top would stop at the neck area... revealing the body wood at your extra support area?  if so, I like it.  if not, I like it.

@ScottR inconceivable!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

I like it a lot, but I do think the headstock is a little pointy for the body, what if you rounded those to sharp edges ever so slightly? 

I like it a lot too, and to be honest I didn't notice any significant pointiness.

There's two sharp edges in the horns and the same amount in the headstock. Now that you mentioned it, maybe and just maybe the upper horn shape could be duplicated at the end of the headstock, Then again, that would be even more pointy despite being round...

34 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

I like it a lot too, and to be honest I didn't notice any significant pointiness.

There's two sharp edges in the horns and the same amount in the headstock. Now that you mentioned it, maybe and just maybe the upper horn shape could be duplicated at the end of the headstock, Then again, that would be even more pointy despite being round...

That's not bad idea.   I wasn't sure about the headstock either honestly

I liked the horn idea.  Here's my attempt to meld it together.  I didn't want to be too aggressive with the corners to take away from the body.  I just copied the rigid corner where the binding ends on the horn.  I. also don't want to get too far from the few inches of width i get on the headstock.  Thanks for your thoughts guys. 

I actually meant to put this thread in the design bar forum section.  I'm not sure how to move it or if I could.  Thanks.image.thumb.png.faacc202cf7f399de73910738db92fd9.png

• Like 2

The "decorations" -binding or shaping? - really tie the headstock to the body! Very nice!

What I tried to say in my previous post was more about the shape. One image tells you more than broken English ever can. Here I duplicated the upper horn, resized (hence the difference in the stripe size) and rotated it to fit:

hdstk.PNG.6c797f1d9d7384724972e94a909c55cb.PNG

• Like 1