Sibling Rivalry

ScottR

The nautili are perfect. Anyone whos ever drawn those curves knows the hardest part to get right is that last tiny bit at the end. You nailed it. 

I see you have one of those U shaped voids just like the Black Queen has in the same exact spot. What you you do for fill?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mistermikev said:

I always love the way your builds look right before the final smoothing.  that also look killer all smoothed out.  as always.

Thank you sir. I have often been told I need to leave one at the carved unsanded stage. I'm always thinking that would make for some pretty raw looking fore arms.

SR

1 hour ago, komodo said:

The nautili are perfect. Anyone whos ever drawn those curves knows the hardest part to get right is that last tiny bit at the end. You nailed it. 

I see you have one of those U shaped voids just like the Black Queen has in the same exact spot. What you you do for fill?

Thank you.

This guitar is going to get pore filled with CA, something I haven't done in a long time. All the voids will get a heavier dose of the CA.

SR

2 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Thank you sir. I have often been told I need to leave one at the carved unsanded stage. I'm always thinking that would make for some pretty raw looking fore arms.

SR

prob right... but it would look so  kewl.  I 'spose it's a lot like leaving something satin... almost impossible!

• Like 1

I'm  going to talk for a minute,,,,so move 0n, if you get bored.......

Five or six years ago, I was riding in my son's SUV  on the way to Rocky Mountain National Park and he was playing some music I had never heard before, and learned that is was Jason Isbell.

Fast forward a few years and the Christmas list included Jason Isbell Live at the Ryman

So remembering the name, I got me a copy too. Turns out I could not take it out of my Jeep. Fast forward several months and all the cd releases later and I find my Jeep loves The Nashville Sound. It won't give it back....

I love it too, but I'd like to be able to play other cds as well..

So I got my Cds out of the Jeep and learned that what I used to love still sounds good . And a concert in the garage sounds better than it ever did.

My wife came out and said social distancing my ass....which I voted yes for...this the same as guitar widowing.

Then I got a shot of Jason Isbell's wife, Amanda Shires , and I said.....after hallelujah,...wow!

The point is I'm over 60 and  on high blood pressure pills.

I go to work every day in a world that tries to kill folks over 60 and on high blood pressure pills..

So, if I offended anybody with my comments on my wife's ass (which has gotten amazing over the last few months).....or with comments on Amanda Shires....or any other beer induced ramblings......too bad!

I'm over 60 going to work every day in a world that wants to kill everyone over 60.... so the world can 

just bite me!

I'm gonna enjoy the concert in my garage. and you.......can too.

SR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for sharing! They were totally new names to me, good music nonetheless.  I hope someday someone will find my daughter and her music... She's currently studying at the LCCM in London, stranded back home due to the Corona, struggling with her projects that has to be redesigned because they can't just gather along and practise.

That burl, wow!

I've learned so many lessons building, one big one is from you. When you think you are done, and you say "there, done."  . . .That's a good start. Come back to it again and "sand it like Scott would". Slow down, it isn't a race. Even then, I find things like sanding scratches in the dye, under the clear. But, alas, you can only learn so much, so fast.

• Like 2