Short Scale Bass Build

Nicco

The cavity in a cavity looks neat! Agreed, most of the time only you know it's there but should anyone see it sure will make the viewer believe that the same level of craftmanship and dedication has been a standard all over the build.

The extra cover adds another layer of safety as well. I can easily imagine a situation where you'd have to change the battery in a hurry in the middle of a gig. One could easily drop the 9 volt battery to the electronics compartment and knock a wire off, or worse, shortcut the terminals against the most delicate component. That simple cover is a good insurance against mishaps. Well done!

• Like 1

Thanks Charlie.

Biz, Yeah, thanks. I'm not really sold on the look of an external battery box, it just doesn't do much for me, but I also thought it would look unfinished with the main control cavity being exposed when changing the battery. I played around with it heaps during the design phase and finally managed to tweak it all to fit (just!)

As you've said, no one else will really know it's there, but it makes me happy. Ha ha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...