heavy guage strings?

asm

saw someone on hear talk about having 13/65's. and im wondering where they got them from. i LOVE heavy guage strings, heavier the better, and the heaviest i can find in my area are fender jazz strings, which are only 12's.

so whats the highest you have seen? do they even make stuff like 15 or 16's?

if anyone can throw some links/ advice out it would be great.

thx for the help!

t

do you know Elixer strings? Elixers have a clear coating on them so they last longer, this means that you can play with these strings a long time if you take care of them good, and such, i was going to buy a set of Elixers, but they mucho grando by me :D

This means they are a very good set of strings

Curtis

I find there's less finger noise with Elixirs, too. They're pretty expensive, but worth it if you ask me, since you change them less regularly. The price still doesn't QUITE balance out, but I'd estimate I'm only paying about 10% more than a normal set of D'Addario, overall.

Go Darko :D

I pay ~$5US for a .010 - .046 set and provided i take care of them, as in, wipe them down after a session and put my guitar back in its case, i get mucho time out of them.

good value i reckon :D

I guess if i was gigging more often I may start using something that made me feel a bit more secure, cause breaking a string during a performance is right up there with falling off the stage as far as im concerned B)

Ernie Ball fat botoms skinny tops all the way

3 high strings are 10 gauge and the three low strings are from a set of 12s. sounds great on my kramer when tuned to drop C :D

i snap them fairlly often but only becvause i can play a tad heavy sometimes lol

i need to try out D'Addarios, Im using the Ernie ball hybrid slinky (.09-.46) I also need a higher gauge... :D I used to play on .13-.52 <---something like that, cant remember now :D. (remember when going to that gauge....theres alot of trem adjusting to do...mine was floating like 2cm in the air, was shitting myself :D Thoguh when i changed back to .9's i broke the high E string straight away...aparently i didnt realise how easy it was now to bend B) .

I used to use roto sound blues 10-52 then i started messing around with other gauges and brands, just trying to find out what I like now

I like heavy guage as well, but unfortunately, my ibanez necks are a little too thin to handle them without me worrying about them. I like my standard tuning though, so i use Elixirs 11-47s.

To me, Elixirs are worth it. I normally change my strings every 3-5 months because of them now. Even then, the sound isn't gone, but the unwrapped strings just start getting all rusty and cruddy >.< and i don't like having brown fingertips after i play.

But the guitar i'm making will have an aluminum neckthru, so i'll be able to put the 13s on it :D

NP VanKirk. They do sound good btw, but they just break so dang easy >.<

*thinks* According to my research, SRV used 12s and 13s, along with bass frets on most of his guitars. He also tuned down a half step. I wana know how the heck he played the fast part of Rivera Paradice on 13s o.O... or any other song he plays >.< and those bends! Holy crap, those gotta do some damage on the callouses o.O

*thinks* According to my research, SRV used 12s and 13s, along with bass frets on most of his guitars. He also tuned down a half step. I wana know how the heck he played the fast part of Rivera Paradice on 13s o.O... or any other song he plays >.< and those bends! Holy crap, those gotta do some damage on the callouses o.O

stevie was inhuman....that's how

Found this earlier thought I'd stick it here!

SRV's Gear.

On the far left stands a 100-watt Marshall JCM 800 half stack. Next to it is a 150-watt Dumble Steel String Singer head on top of a Dumble 4x12 bottom. Peeking out from the back is a blonde '64 Fender Twin (85 watts and 2 12" speakers). Stacked next to the Dumbles are Stevie's cherished '64 Fender Vibroverbs (they are consecutivly numbered: 5 and 6; Stevie was very proud of having obtained such low serial numbers). Completing the lineup is a pair of 200-watt Marshall heads (a Super Lead and a Super P.A.) sitting atop Marshall 4x15 and 8x10 cabinets. :D

king_tone.jpg

stevie was inhuman....that's how

That's the truth. I saw him live in '89 during the In Step tour. Talk about a guitar god! I play now because I watched him. I've heard many say that.

I tried usin 12s, bein the SRV wannabe that I was when I began playing. I needed to adjust the action and replace the nut. I could get through about 4-5 songs, bending alot and couldn't play anymore for a couple of days :D

I was getting annoyed with my fast Angus, BB quick vibrato and I found that heavier gauge strings did allow me to slow and deepen my vibrato a little. I changed my action and went back to thinner strings (10s)and I started breaking them constantly. B) Had to get used to them all over again.