You 'Into' Good Figure?

Hee-Hee!

I just bought this last night.

There's just about every kind of quilt in there I can think of...stair-step quilt, blister quilt, bubble-gum quilt, moon-crater quilt, mebbe even a little sausage quilt.

It's almost vomit-inducing quilt. :D

Boo-Yah! :D

Bollocks I sez! B)

:D:D

Blisterquilt.jpg

$140.00.

I don't pay those kind of prices very often, but once in awhile, it's worth it.

I thought this one was one of those 'times'. B)B)B)

To get those outrageous over-the-top Suhr finishes, ya gotta have this kinda material to start off with.

I'm almost scared of it, it's intimidating me :DB):D

:D :D :D

To even think of smearing black stain on that, well, I would have to kill myself afterwards of course. B):DB)

what ever you do with that, don't get angry with it!

ummm......WOW!

that is hands down the most unique maple i have ever seen.

and i'm with you,i wouldn't stain black then sand,i would use a glaze coat on that one.....just a slight honey or amber to accent it a hair more

but i know you will do a good job with it(might end up purple,eh?) :D

Hey, my source is no secret, the guy has wood like this all the time, I've mentioned him here before several times, so if ya'll want in onnit, feel free to bid away. Super nice guy troo mahn.

buzzsaw-international is his e-Bay. He always has at least 70 items to scroll thru, all the time. :D

I just don't have money to buy something from him on a constant basis, I strike when I see a good deal chumming along. I thought for the price, this piece was worth it.

There's wood there right now as nice as mine, have at it! B)

Yo Drak

I saw your piece...really nice! He does have some nice stuff. I've been trolling myself for a top for a doubleneck proj, but it has to be 18" wide minimum. I've been waiting for quite a while for the right combo of size & figure.

What about his "lake salvaged" stuff; have you ever tried that? I know that being at the bottom of certain lakes (like Superior) preserves the wood really nicely, and allows you to get that "old growth" lumber that just doesn't exist anymore, but I wonder if it is more difficult to dry out or more prone to warping. The colors on some of those LS pieces are really interesting.