My lead guitarist playing

Curtis P

It is not lead playing at all. It sounds like a punk kind of tone(with crapy recoring gear) But what he is playing is rythem, but he is going nowhere with it. He sounds really lost. I would title that lost on the fretboard. He does have the technique down for hitting notes after one month, but on the artistic side of things, sounds like he is trying to compose a song of some sort that makes no sense(at least at this point it does not)

These are all my own ideas. Agree? Disagree?

:D

Dan the Man

Yea, Dan the Man, cuz he is the man!! that is after 1 month! its insane!! he is alot better now!

Curtis

hmmm

i stand by my claaim that comparitively after 1-2 months i was worse than any other player on this forum after the same amount of time.

that was an interesteing listen, i think ill delete it now :D

I think he's pretty damn good for someone who plays for one month. Keep it up.

And you projectgongshow, one day in the future after you get home early because McDonalds fired you, you might turn on the TV and see this incredible guitar player Dan the Man, who kept practising and never gave up, no matter what ugly things people like you say...

You have to keep in mind that there's a lot of teenagers on this forum. There's a few retards among them, but most of 'm are pretty cool.

They really don't need comments and bashing from someone like you. A little encouragement could make one's day...

It is not lead playing at all. It sounds like a punk kind of tone(with crapy recoring gear) But what he is playing is rythem, but he is going nowhere with it. He sounds really lost. I would title that lost on the fretboard. He does have the technique down for hitting notes after one month, but on the artistic side of things, sounds like he is trying to compose a song of some sort that makes no sense(at least at this point it does not)

These are all my own ideas. Agree? Disagree?

:D

disagree, its pretty good for the amount of time his been playing.

holly harshness!!!!!!! one month guys.. stop trying put the guy down, i thought it was pretty good, although not lead playing, it was pretty neat, started to kinda lose it's pazzaz at the end but a neat riff, but much better then me at that stage.

JIVIN: i'll challenge that claim...i played "smells like teen spirit" and "self esteam" for almost a year trying to figure out what the heck strumming was :D

Wow, I feel old - people are giving their starting out songs that came out long, long after I started playing. Eeeks. Is there a geriatric projectguitar? (need a smilie with a walker here).

I started in 1985 (I think) and I don't remember my first song that I tried to learn. I do remember battling with "Stairway to Heaven" for a while.

I can't listen to the clip here at work but 1 month is a very, very short period of time when it comes to learning guitar. I don't know what the original poster was looking for by posting it but wait a while and you'll get better reviews.

One thing that really helped me was my insistance on becoming a "good" guitarist. I practiced every day - and that has pretty much been the case from day 1 until now. I think if you really love it and really want to be a good player, it will happen - but not quickly. If I remember right: 1 year is where you are probably able to start showing off some of your skills. Does that sound right?

I started with chords, including a F barre chord, fingered the 'cheaters' way by only barring the high F and C and not reaching all the way across to the low F. Of course, I didn't know the names of the notes, I just knew how to hold my hand.

The song? Proud Mary, CCR version. How long did it take? 2 months... ugh...

In the meantime, I sort of learned a few other chords, kind of. I wasn't as good as Dan the Man, that's for sure.

Greg

Sounds just fine. Keep it up and you'll be blowin' peoples minds in no time. B)

I think it's cool that Curtis has found some friends to jam and have fun playing with. I really wished I had that when I started instead of sitting in my bedroom and making my mom listen to me playin 'Stairway' over & over & over & over.....

I also think that it's cool that your posting those recordings. It'll come together just keep practicing.

Throughout my whole time learning and playing experiences I've met more than my share of egotistical guitar players. Some of them sounded like crap and some of them sounded awesome. I just remind myself that there's always someone better and that I can learn from ANYONE even those that haven't been playing as long.

I don't look at music as a competition but as a means to express myself. Keep an open mind and anyone that bashes your playing.....

F'm ALL AND ROCK ON! :D:D

LOL to all the harsh critic in here. Sure the recording sounds not convincing at all, but for someone playing one month only it is quite good. It is played somewhat clean and especially the rythmical feels is good for playing for one month only. Keep practicing and ignore the critics. I have studied and sometimes teached guitar and I assure you that your progress is definately above average....

yea, he just crapped out on me, he said to me today:

yea, i think i might go 2nd guitar, you go lead, your bett er then me

(me) WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?! I suck compared to you!!

(him) nah, your god, i think I would rather be a 2nd guitarist

So, I am lead guitarist now, so I gotta try and write some lead material, which i have somewhat and i will post friday :D

Curtis

Curtis, If you the two of you are in a band then you guys are deffinatley on the right track! If you like what you hear now, in anothe rmonth it'll be ten times better. Playing in a band is t he ultimate learning tool. I can't listen to the clip cuz I am at work but If you have only been playing for a month and actually have the courage (and intelligance)to record what your playing then good on ya! You'll look back on the early stuff and be real encouraged by the prgress you will undoubtably make! :D