The rats nest completed,

Yup, This guitar has driven me right up the wall, it began life as a $200 Squier Stagemaster. It has since had a new 27 fret fretboard put on it, neck pickup moved, body touched up, headstock refinished, EMG's replaced the original pickups, and the addition of a graphtech piezo system, along with 13 pin midi system complete with program switching right in the guitar!

The wiring took forever, graphtech instructions leave a little to be desired, at least for a wiring moron like me LOL!!!

Here are some pics.

squiering1.JPG

squiering2.JPG

squiering3.JPG

squiering4.JPG

The finish is the stock fender finish, I just refinished the headstock and had to touch up the neck pickup area where the pickup moved from. I think the match is pretty damn good though :D

As for a Floyd, you could put one in I suppose, but the graphtech saddles for a floyd don't exist yet, so it would elimiate the piezo's and the midi system.

Musn't...Admit...To...Liking a....Squier......damn it, my powers to resist have completelly escaped me. that is a damn nice guitar. is the headstock just the standard jobbie or did you do anything with it?

glad to see the extra frets :D i have decided that 27 is gonna be my standard neck i think...also that neck is beautifully scalloped and the wood is excellent! it needs a floyd and a better finish!

As for a Floyd, you could put one in I suppose, but the graphtech saddles for a floyd don't exist yet, so it would elimiate the piezo's and the midi system.

But ibanez makes a locking trem with piezo saddles right? Couldnt you use that?

As to all the why not this or why that questions, it can all be summed up with

It's what the customer wanted, plain and simple.

As for the Ibanez double edge piezo bridge, yes they make one, no you can't just buy them, and it's doubtful it would be easily compatible with the graphtech system.

The neck was a rosewood board, I put the quilted maple board on in with a 12th fret inlay. It is not a guitar for me.

Here's a pic of the overall guitar

squiering5.JPG

do you mean the one in the poster behind the squire?i seem to rememberthat being special made for some famous italian guitarist

You're right here....you can read about it on lgm's website. But I guess Alex is talking about that silver jem. At least I want to know what paint was used for that one, as I will maybe build a silver Rhoads V soon....

do you mean the one in the poster behind the squire?i seem to rememberthat being special made for some famous italian guitarist

You're right here....you can read about it on lgm's website. But I guess Alex is talking about that silver jem. At least I want to know what paint was used for that one, as I will maybe build a silver Rhoads V soon....

oh yeah i see it now