This is how you play guitar

fidgec94

oh dear...... i've had 3 different people send me different links to various sites with that video.... it's just the ending performance on the larrivee guitar tour video, i watched that over a year ago, i beleive the performers name is Justin King, and his style resembles that of Preston Reed.

Totally reminds me of Monte too. Monte being a real favorite of mine, since he's just down the road from me, even closer to Wes (not as close as the goat, though). I have to check out these Justin King and Preston Reed characters. If they rock like that, it might be worth a few bucks for a CD.

i personlly did not like that, it was insane how he played it, but the sound, just not me

Curtis

I didnt like the sound of some of it...having trouble remembering how it goes now. The part where he slides up the neck and does that little slap-bass sounding riff, i think sounds cool.

I definately admire the ability

admire ability, but not that cool....

gotta play with that feeling...

Freddie king has that feeling, Albert King has that feeling, I am blues guy so sorry.

You know when you are at that point in the music when you almost feel high? thats what I like.

no feeling?are you blind as well as deaf? :D

i guess nothing but your specific style of blues can be good?

anyway,i think it is awesome

monte montgomery plays the local radio stations around here sometimes...and plays the bars alot,but i have never seen him

oh to have that natural ability that guy shows with such ease.

i could listen to that for hours

Time for my opinion on this guy. First off, his abilities are amazing. I don't deny it -- I evny him. BUT, there are somethings I don't like about his playing. Not necessarily his playing, but the style. Now, I am a bass player and I love playing funk. However, I do not like those 32nd note triplets or whatever the hell they are. I don't think it sounds in time; it doesn't sound like it belongs. To be fair, I don't like it when Victor Wooten plays stuff like that, either. In fact, the only bass player that I have found I like to play that way is Les Claypool (see bass interlude thingy in Tommy the Cat).

Another opinion of mine is that guitarist should stay out of bass players fields of expertise. :D You don't see bass players trying to play guitar solos or anything. Come on, leave the slappin' to bassists!

Anyway, I think this guy should definately take up bass guitar. With skills like that, woowee!

Another opinion of mine is that guitarist should stay out of bass players fields of expertise. :D You don't see bass players trying to play guitar solos or anything. Come on, leave the slappin' to bassists!

It can cross over the other way too, I saw Incubus in May and the bass player was noodling like a bastard at one point.

Slap bass style does sound pretty darn cool to me

jeez, it's all guitars right?

just different forms :D

if people didn't take techniques from other instruments and break down boundaries, where would music be today? bland me thinks B)