New member welcome - MegaData!

Hi all,

I've been working on a guitar project. I've done three sketches, bought hardware, made a plywood mock-up, colored the sketches in photoshop and I'm currently looking at types of wood, inlay, truss rods, and decals. So, I decided to sign up and maybe post some specifics about my project later, in hopes to get more feedback than I've been getting on other forums... which I will decline to comment on since those would be connected to businesses. :D Odd forum signature rules around here. I've been on many forums but never saw anything that would not allow linking to my own website before... it's basically a portfolio of my artwork, but I am trying to get into selling some. *shrug* Therefore, my normal signature links are censored.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should post progress on my guitar in the "solid body" forum or the "work in progress" forum. As I'm browsing, I found that a bit confusing. Especially if we're not allowed to upload photos. We're supposed to leech bandwidth from other sites to post photos here?

Hi all,

I've been working on a guitar project. I've done three sketches, bought hardware, made a plywood mock-up, colored the sketches in photoshop and I'm currently looking at types of wood, inlay, truss rods, and decals. So, I decided to sign up and maybe post some specifics about my project later, in hopes to get more feedback than I've been getting on other forums... which I will decline to comment on since those would be connected to businesses. :D Odd forum signature rules around here. I've been on many forums but never saw anything that would not allow linking to my own website before... it's basically a portfolio of my artwork, but I am trying to get into selling some. *shrug* Therefore, my normal signature links are censored.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should post progress on my guitar in the "solid body" forum or the "work in progress" forum. As I'm browsing, I found that a bit confusing. Especially if we're not allowed to upload photos. We're supposed to leech bandwidth from other sites to post photos here?

Man, the first post and you having a go at the rules?? :D Sheesh....

Post your pics in the relevant forum, PROGRESS. And yes, you do have to "leech" bandwidth off other websites to host pics, how about using your own?? Why should Brian pay for bandwidth so you can show off?? B)

Umm, welcome.

Well, this is the forum to test out the board controls and get your feet wet, no? Why jump into the shallow end first? B) When the Freedom of Speech is challenged, I will be the first in line for a new way.

Both Project Guitar Forums that I mentioned would be appropriate for works in progress... the only difference is that one description mentions posting pictures and one does not. Whereas, neither one actually allows a member to "post" pictures.

*cough* Megadeth *cough* Forums *cough* :D Was that wrong? What isn't business oriented on the web? I mean, come on! Can I mention my guitar instructor or the business I take lessons at? Where do you draw the line here? Is my, uh... band... T-shirt offensive here?

My "business" website uses a free host. So does my personal one. I don't think I can leech off of them. How many passwords do I need to have to add an image upload site to the list so that I can post images to forums? Should I get a new image host for each forum I post to? Wouldn't that be promoting an image host business, thereby breaking the rules? Do you know how many forums I belong to? I find it a bit remarkable that the sites who promote leeching don't allow it.

Thanks for the red carpet though. Hope I haven't muddied it too much. :D

Dude. :DB):D:D

Chill, OK?

If posting images is such a pain in the ass for you, then don't post any images and just post messages, we all seem to get along just fine here, and we post tons of pics, why you seem to have such a massive problem with our way right off the bat is a little disconcerting, we do just fine with what we got.

A lot of us use THIS place as our free hoster, maybe you can see your way to try it too.

:D Anyway, WELCOME! B)

Well, the definition of a "business website" is unclear and this rule is NOT noted in the sign up section, as far as I can see. I was specifically refering to the sticky post located at the top of this forum titled, "Your Profile and Signature"

Seeing as how my website, and Megadeth's, are more informative than sales oriented, I am adding my links to my signature again. If anyone has a problem with this, and would like to have me self-censored again, please let me know and I will gladly remove direct links.

Of course, if you want to attack me, instead of focusing on the rules, I'll tear off the door to get out, while freeing the captives here, instead of letting it smack my booty. :D

Well, the definition of a "business website" is unclear and this rule is NOT noted in the sign up section, as far as I can see. I was specifically refering to the sticky post located at the top of this forum titled, "Your Profile and Signature"

Seeing as how my website, and Megadeth's, are more informative than sales oriented, I am adding my links to my signature again. If anyone has a problem with this, and would like to have me self-censored again, please let me know and I will gladly remove direct links.

Of course, if you want to attack me, instead of focusing on the rules, I'll tear off the door to get out, while freeing the captives here, instead of letting it smack my booty. :D

You know, i will never understand some people, especially self centred pricks who enter someone else home as a guest, and then bitch about the owners rules and desires. If you came into my house like this, and started with your bullshit, id drop you on the spot.

What makes it worse, is that you are arguing and bitching about a MEGADETH MAILING LIST, and some home made ILLUSTRATIONS, both totally unrelated to guitar making/repairing/servicing/modifications.

Get over yourself dude.

Personal attacks are against the rules... on any site I've been to.

Asside from that, you obviously haven't checked out the Megadeth Forums where Dave Mustaine wrote that he'd take pictures with my guitar when it's finished. You haven't checked out my studio, where I have works in progress, including my mock-up and design of my prototype guitar? I think that my links are entirely related to this website, my interests, and yours.

By the way, uploading photos on the Megadeth Forums my have spoiled me, but if you check out the Musician section of the forums there, you will find other guitar projects. All of that is related to this website, this thread, and the insignificance or significance of a signature link.

Personal attacks are against the rules... on any site I've been to.

Asside from that, you obviously haven't checked out the Megadeth Forums where Dave Mustaine wrote that he'd take pictures with my guitar when it's finished. You haven't checked out my studio, where I have works in progress, including my mock-up and design of my prototype guitar? I think that my links are entirely related to this website, my interests, and yours.

By the way, uploading photos on the Megadeth Forums my have spoiled me, but if you check out the Musician section of the forums there, you will find other guitar projects. All of that is related to this website, this thread, and the insignificance or significance of a signature link.

I did check out your site, you spoke of developping out dated software, and trying to sell illustrations of men. In one tiny corner there is a picture of a plywood mockup of a guitar, but its the rest of the commercial website that makes it commercial.

I might add a link to NASA, because i heard once that an astronaut knew a guy that also flew planes, and he had a wife that saw a guitar in a shop window, but it wasnt for sale... oh wait, NASA is now guitar relevant...

what exactly are you arguing about?? what is your point?? Please explain so the regulars can stop PMing me and asking me what you on about... because none of us can understand it!

Wow, I guess I can't explain it in layman terms. Your statements about me have obviously been dished out to you before. How do I report your personal attack again?

Are you a troll everywhere you go, or did we just get lucky? As Perry mentioned, we are all guests here, and for the most part, we all managed to work fine with the rules before you came along, and will probably continue to do so in spite of your best efforts to make trouble. If you continue to act like an arrogant child, I think you'll find that you will be universally ignored until you either adapt to this board or go away. Good luck with the rest of your life. :D

Well I can certainly see why this topic was locked but to answer the first question about the signatures in the rules we had a member that decided he could use his signature as a rolling billboard to promote his products everywhere in the forum regardless if they were about the particular topic or not. That is what the classifieds section is for and we are pretty easy going when it comes to promoting your own stuff as long as it is done in context with what ever question is asked in a particular thread.

Oh and I tried to PM you but your account informing you that you have a new message on the board (that you use for e-mail) is full so please take care of that, because every time somebody PM's you and the announcement bounces off your e-mail letting you know you have a new messgae I get an e-mail in my account telling me yours is not responding.

So welcome to the forum and let's start over :D