Favorite custom modification

Brian

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for being the odd ball there Brian, other... :D , as of now, since Igot a brand new contour sander, it's scalloping necks... but if Iwas going to go from over there will be a mix of 2 , modify the shape and custom color! Done both on the 2 guitars I'va done, and I got 2 more on the works thatI'm doing the same ... But with scalloped necks.

[quote name='BLS' date='Aug 13 2004, 05:47 PM'] Refinish!

Of course I MUST replace those stock pickups. Thats not an option :D [/quote]
that was the first post since november of 2002, but i guess i'll throw my 2 cents in, I prefer doing finishing over pretty much anything else because you dont have to do what everyone else does. you can make up your own methods for pretty much everything, and i guess changing pickups and body shape altering has some creativity in what you do, but HOW you do it is a different story. and plus you CAN still do whatever you want with finsihing. so it works both ways, and i guess im sort of an artist, so im bias.

One of the jobs that I've enjoyed most in the past was metal fabrication. So I like to incorporate some of that into my guitar projects. Its almost getting to be a signature thing with me! Anyway, its all highly polished 16 ga. stainless steel pickguards, control cover plates and truss rod access covers. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New pups...would be my vote on anything more "major."

And I dunno if this qualifies as a mod or not; Grolsch Beer Bottle "washers"---they hold yer strap on real good. Just slip em over the strap buttons.

Another "minor mod" I plan on doing is: making pup-mounting-rings from a regular "wall outlet/switch plate" (the thing that goes around light switches & wall-plugs). I have some humbuckers that are just slightly too big for a route I'm gonna make on a Tele body....and will need "larger" pup-rings than the ones that came with em. I like the options of being able to use: wood, metal (brass/stainless) or plastic ones. The plastic ones almost exactly match that Gibson "cream" color.

Also, there's nothin like a rilly good trem-setup.

• 3 weeks later...

tweaking the electronics much... treble boosters, no load switches yadda yadda... they would be the simpler mods. otherwise its just in the usual building where i tweak things... such as the RR V i have almost completed, bolt on. i took the traditional bulky heel, and tapered it towards the edge, you will see within a month what i mean... hopefully get this into GOTM...

Mike