She went with the epidural, and while they were doing it, she had a contraction. When they have a needlke in your back you cant move, and believe me, she wanted to move. I told her that she could either move or feel the pain, and after giving me a death look, she was doing fine.

when i was in high school a chick i knew(16 years old...the boyfriend was a real loser, by the way) had a baby and i went to the hospital to be there when she had it(we were good friends)

when i first walked into the room she was in she was curled up in a ball miserable...she had sworn up and down she was going to have natural birth(no drugs)and she was trying to tough it out

about 5 minutes later she said she wanted the drugs...some of her girlfriends(none of them had babies)were like "are you sure?you said you wanted natural birth,i think you should think about it"

she started screaming at them "get me the f***ing drugs,i want the f***ing drugs!!!"

they called for the nurse and shooed us all out for a minute to give her the epidural...when they let us back in she was sitting up in the bed,smiling,and saying "hi everybody,how are y'all...thanks for coming,i feel much better now"

must be some good drugs is all i have to say

congratulations jeff...be sure to raise this one with a healthy cynasism towards politicians :D

Awesome!!

My wife also strongly recommends the epidural. The birth of our child went as smoothly and quickly as could be imagined once she got it. Before that, it was a hell of a struggle and a very intense situation of pain, vomiting, ...

I'm glad it worked out well for you guys. Now, the next couple of years will be a huge adjustment for both of you. I'm basing this from my experience but I'd expect a big decrease in free time now that the baby is here so enjoy whatever time you can get in the workshop!

Congrats on the baby! My wife and I had our daughter 11 months ago and it has been the best 11 months of my entire life. They had to induce my wifes labor (she was a week overdue) and she was in labor for 17 hours. That was the most miserable day of my life with the greatest results. How could one day be that bad (watching my wife in that much pain, knowing I put her there), but yet so good holding my daughter.

Of course, I've already built her a mini PRS (with "chicken" in flight inlays) and am working on a mini strat and 335 right now. She just started walking and already has better equipment than me. I also built her an amp off the AX84 page (with some of my own mods). It is 2 channels (footswitchable) with reverb and 5 watts into 2 4x5" cabinets. I will take pics when I get a chance.

Funny thing is, I never wanted a kid, but now I wouldn't trade it for anything in the universe, and I can't remember what I did before her.

Anywho....

Thanks for the thread bump, Stalefish!

WICKED AWESOME!!!!

That's kick-ass in a way that leaves all asses sore from the ferocity of the kicking.

Woohoo! :D

And stuff.

Greg

Awwwwwwwww Litch, Congrads to you, your baby is sooooooo cute, hugs to you and the family.

XOXOXOXO for the little one :D