Dimebag Darrell: 1966-2004

Ashez

Dimebag Darell of Pantera and Damageplan is apparently dead

"At least three people died and four others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Al Rosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported."

taken from http://www.gameshout.com/news/122004/article89.htm

Sad Sad Day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up this morning with 15 different emails from friends telling me about this. I'm pretty pissed right now. I'm SO GLAD the cop killed the shooter, now he won't end up getting to live the rest of his life in a Mental Hospital because of a temporary insanity plea or end up with a court case that drags on and on for years. But quite honestly I dont think the guy would have made it out alive had the cop not shown up. You can only fit so many bullets in a gun

Some sites say that Vinnie Paul was shot as well.

It may be that another member of the band is shot. THe official Pantera site had a news update on Dimebag and Vinnie Paul being sghot, but I cant open it (too many people).

THats really horrible stuff- I just cant believe it.

EDIT:

"Reports are coming in from Columbus, Ohio, where an alleged shooting occurred at Alrossa Villa, the nightclub where Damageplan was performing tonight. The earliest reports indicate that Dimebag Darrell and one other band member were among those killed. "

Edited by LukeR

Has anyone else heard that the shooter was upset that Pantera broke up and that may have been this nutcase's reason? Someone told me that was the report given on the radio here this morning.

Yes, i heard that too. My friend Jimmy told me in my homeroom. All i heard that Dimebag and 2 others were shot/wounded/killed :D

QUOTE (daveq @ Dec 9 2004, 09:27 AM)

Has anyone else heard that the shooter was upset that Pantera broke up and that may have been this nutcase's reason? Someone told me that was the report given on the radio here this morning. 

Yes, i heard that too. My friend Jimmy told me in my homeroom. All i heard that Dimebag and 2 others were shot/wounded/killed 

That's what they said on the news here this morning.......what a nut case......

RIP guys....... :D

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub...ting/index.html

Man I can't believe this, I thought it was a hoax at first :D I was reading the latest issue of Metal Hammer just last night, there's an interview with Phil where he says...."Dimebag deserves to get severly beaten"... and now this happens :DB)

Dime was a true legend, he was a HUGE influence on my playing. Apart from being an amazing guitarist and song writer he knew that life is short and always lived it to the full.

R.I.P. Dime

:D

Oh God this is not fair, what a sick bas****

RIP and see you on the other side.

He passed on with a guitar in his hands, doing what he enjoyed doing.

It's still a horrible tragedy for the music and metal community, not to mention his whole family.

R.I.P. Dime. You inspired a lot of people to accept nothing less than their own perfection and showed the world that you can do anything if you put everything you have into your work.