Guitar Of The Month For January

Time to Vote!  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kind of makes you wish you could vote for categories too.

The acoustic is really well done--and I like the soundhole. Impressive.

Same goes for the mandolin, really beautifully done.

I'm not a big fan of the bass, a bit over the top for my tastes, but then, bassists are a breed apart, aren't they.

The tele's nicely done too, and I like the personalized tweaks.

But, for my tastes, the Classic is one of the finest instruments I've seen here all YEAR. About the only guitar that rivals that is the Fat Boy (same builder, of course). Beautiful design, great choice of hardware, the finish is jaw-dropping. Definitely a guitar I'd love to own and play.

In fact, if there were a Guitar of the Year contest, this would be it for me.

As for the cigar box...the only reason I got into building guitars was because I became interested in cigar box guitars, and following one link to another brought me here...and Jehle's version looks like a lot of fun... it'd be nice to have a "Special Mention" categories for this one!

A bass, an acoustic, a semi-hollow, a cigar box, a solid body, and a mondolin - one of the most diverse months ever, you guys ROCK! It was a toss up between the mandolin and the acoustic, but I had to give my vote to the mandolin.

:D

I can't believe I did it but I was compelled to vote for that amazing acoustic. That flame all the way up the neck is simply delicious. The inlay is amazing and all the lines just flow. Great fluid symmetry throughout from the shape of the bridge and soundhole to the angle of the neck inlays. Just beautiful. I would love to own that guitar. I'd love to hear it played.

Best Regards,

Mike.

You got me with that acoustic...I want to know more, simply beautiful...

And a local boy :D:D too...

Plus first time builder...stunning...

Credos to everyone else though...the work is amazing every time. Love primitive instruments like the cigar box, a workman like instrument like this mandolin (very nicely done), a well worked classic like the tele, or a "new classic" like the Hi-tone. As for Bass design...really a breed apart...I'd love to see some of the design features bass players use more in guitar designs, they always seem to push the envelope and this is yet another example.

But the acoustic is something not many ever attempt and I love the paua and soundhole design and of course the timbers and finish are just lovely...a shoe-in i'd say...but u can never tell

Well done all!!!

I voted for the mandolin. Nice and simple but classy. I liked the acoustic excpet for the design of the sound hole and the bridge. But that was enough to turn me away from it. The tele was a very nice entry also. The neck joint is amazing looking :D Thats the way fender should have done it in the first place. :D