Favorite Amp Brand And Type

Whats Your Favorite Amp?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahhh....Speedsters are cool and sound awesome. I've met a couple of guys who developed them and saw Cory (1 of the developers) use it live and at a local guitar show as well. :D

They're just right across the Narrows from Tacoma in Gig Harbor, WA.

Great sound! B)

...Null vote btw.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a starter and being a bandless guitarest, i do not need a half-stack or a full stack so badly. so i would say Line 6 spider II. This amp simulates popular brandsm and does it well. They have a half stack for it, but Line 6 is not a company for concert, they are for practicing

Edited by monkey69962000

Surprisingly, I also really dig the sound of Behringer amps (I play bass BTW). Great, uncolored, clean sound.

However, I'm now sold that my current amp is the best sound I've ever heard. I played it next to a Mesa Boogie, and surprisingly I -still- liked it better! A Hartke 3500 head thru a GK 4x10 cab. The head has a tube -and- a SS preamp, and the two mixed just right gives you a clear, yet warm tone at volume enough to rattle the acoustics hanging on the wall at Guitar Center (believe me, I tried it).

Oh, and Bluespresence, is having your bass sound like a french horn a good thing? Personally, I'd rather have mine sound like a bass! :D

Oh, and Bluespresence, is having your bass sound like a french horn a good thing? Personally, I'd rather have mine sound like a bass!

:D

Good point.....it does sound like a bass too when I want it too :D It's nice to get other sounds without a bunch of pedals or digital add ons IMO. I went to see a bluegrass concert last year (Big Blue Tent or something - from upper Wisconsin) and the bass player did a solo for about 15 minutes (no comments from you guitar players B) ) and in part of it he had this horn sound that mesmerized the audience. I saw no pedals on the floor and I have been trying to figure out that sound since. I finally found how to get it when I got my SVT3 a few weeks ago. It's very cool for a real mellow tune....if you like horns.

Oh, and Bluespresence, is having your bass sound like a french horn a good thing? Personally, I'd rather have mine sound like a bass! tongue.gif

When I read that, the first thing I thought of was Pink Floyd, like 'On The Turning Away' where it sounds like a fretless bass sliding around, that sounds pretty much like a french horn to me.

Drak Posted on Dec 18 2004, 10:36 AM

Oh, and Bluespresence, is having your bass sound like a french horn a good thing? Personally, I'd rather have mine sound like a bass! tongue.gif

When I read that, the first thing I thought of was Pink Floyd, like 'On The Turning Away' where it sounds like a fretless bass sliding around, that sounds pretty much like a french horn to me.

That's the exact sound I'm talking about Drak......somebody hears through words :D

yeah i meant to put cbs, brain fart...

and the reason i put so few brands is because right now i have the choice of a fender or marshall amp, if someone wnats to start a new poll they are welcome to im not going to stop them... i dont even have the power to stop them... man its time to rethink....................... everything.

I dont use an amp anymore to be honest with you. I use my computer speakers. I plug my guitar into my computer, went to www.guitarfx.net and use that and play thru my computer speakers. I can sound like -any- amp. Its so great.

As for jamming or gigging i love my Vox :D

i have to ask man, since i just dled it, what should i use to plug into it to get it to sound good?

I dont use an amp anymore to be honest with you. I use my computer speakers. I plug my guitar into my computer, went to www.guitarfx.net and use that and play thru my computer speakers. I can sound like -any- amp. Its so great.

As for jamming or gigging i love my Vox :D

i have to ask man, since i just dled it, what should i use to plug into it to get it to sound good?

Well, you will need to buy a plug adapter. I think its 1/2-1/4 adapter, but im not sure. They are located at like a radioshack for under 2 bucks. You will plug that in once you have it from your guitar wire to your computer using the "line" plug in the back.

ok, i tried using a 1/4 cord with a 1/2 adapter but it sounds crappy. thanks, ill pick one up

It cant be the adapter. If it fits then its fine. You will have to adjust the input and output settings were all the effects are. They are probaly up too high.

actually i was using a speaker cable, and it always sounds like sh*t

ok, i tried using a 1/4 cord with a 1/2 adapter but it sounds crappy. thanks, ill pick one up

It cant be the adapter. If it fits then its fine. You will have to adjust the input and output settings were all the effects are. They are probaly up too high.

actually i was using a speaker cable, and it always sounds like sh*t

Oh ok

CARVINS !

The MTS3212 is a beast. All tube, British series speakers, 5881 tubes. Lots of power, variable tube positions, 50/100 watt. A very versatille amp, i reccomend it highly. Try one sometime if you are ever in California. I ordered mine sight unseen from the catalog and have never been happier.

MASTER TUBE SERIES

^^^^^^^^^^

I agree that Carvin's are awesome sounding. I have heard three different bass rigs of theirs at local shows and one of the guys let me jam on his for a few minutes. My only concern is IF it breaks down you have to put it in a box and ship it off to Cali for repair......Who can afford to be without their rig for 2 or 3 weeks??? I wish they had a dealer/repair network throughout the states. I know of 4 sales (including mine) that Carvin didn't get because of this........

I recently purchased the new Traynor YBA200 (all tube). Great warranty and the sound (with matching cab) is incredible. The matching cab is 2x10" and a 15".

It sounds much better than my mid 60's Ampeg Portaflex B15 (which is mostly relegated to guitar duty now).

My only concern is IF it breaks down you have to put it in a box and ship it off to Cali for repair......Who can afford to be without their rig for 2 or 3 weeks???

I agree totally. I have had to spend some time familiarizing myself with its workings. I've had to do a few repairs myself over the years, nothig too bad. I replaced the reverb unit at one point. It would have cost me $120 to send it back to CArvin to fix, instead i orded the reverb assembly from them and installed it myself for like $50.

I am currently getting some problems with the input jack. So i called Carvin and they said nothing about me doing it myself, only suggested that i pay the nominal $120 fee to have them fix it. They better put a whole new circuit board on and buff the knobs for that price!

:D

• 3 weeks later...