Start Vs. Les Paul

ripsrv

if you could have only one of these for the rest of life  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strat shapes are good but i'm not all up for all the curves and all. i'm not a fan of single coils. i like the les paul because it's a heavy guitar, i like carved tops and it doesnt have the stomach or arm curves. it's one of my fav. shapes

Edited by sepultura999

you guys are nuts!

picking up a strat is like putting on a glove.

its like it was made for you.

and you can't really say you don't like the sound of single coils, cause

there is almost definitly some artist you like who plays them whether it

be

Clapton

Hendrix

Knopfler

Cray

SRV

and the list goes on forever, but these are some of my favorites.

sorry about all the ranting . . . I like strats,thats my vote

Edited by Matthias

in the tutorial by guitarfrenzy, i liked the strat shape b4 he put body conours on it, 4 the arm and stomach, as 4 single coils, bah, i have been bought up on the principle of "more the merrier", and humbuckers offer wider tonal capabilities = more, therefore merrier, as for the wieght, never bothered me, (a 13kg JEM style guitar seems light for me :D )

LP's all the way!!,

and FYI eric clapton played a LP style guitar, an ibanez somthing

Edited by where's the beef???

I think that Slash summed it up pretty nicely:

I have three old Strats and I used a '65 for the solo

[sucker Train Blues]. Although I think they're the best

sounding guitars, Strats are so inconsistent and I don't

have the patience to mess with them. You just get used to

playing on different necks - when you change guitar, you

have to adapt. For the most part, Les Pauls are pretty easy

to use. And although a Strat is real light, just can't bang

on it the way I do with a Les Paul. Strats a too ****in'

sensitive. And when they sound bad, they sound horrible.

That's why I tend to stick to playing Les Pauls.

I cannot choose between the two. I would preffer a Suhr fully loaded guitar that has the woods of a Les Paul and the design of a strat. My 2 cents.

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Another victory for Les Paul: click me

Similar results for "Fender Stratocaster" versus "Gibson Les Paul".

I think it's the "Les" (French for "the") and the Paul (Hugely popular name) that give it the edge. What a shame. :D

Greg

i think strats are a less versitle guitar but for their type of music i dont think their is anything in the world like them. its like an old lady kinda, it may seem different, ornery and less sturdy than a lp but if you get someone who knows how to rub her the right way you can really make some great tunes. but on stage when im goin to town and everyone is lovin it i dont know if my strat can beat the feeling of my lp because i beat the hell out it and i no my lp can take it. {for bluse tho i love me a strat} i vote strat

i dont think a strat is more versitle than a lp at all. strats sound amazing with blues and the early hard rock/classical rock. im talking about a 3 single coil bearing strat. but you cant go near metal or alot of hard rock with it sounding as good as a less paul. and a les paul can do anyhitng. blue, hard rock, clasic rock, metal, etc. but it jsut cant touch a strat in a strats department.

I'd prefer strats over any LP. I've always hated LP's since i started playing because of their typically heavy weight, shape and (to me) the very clunky neck.

Something i've found really strange though.... I've played mexican strats and epiphone les pauls and I find that both play better than their American built counterparts. I dont' know if i'm alone on that one (more than likely....)

A POS guitar wouldn´t still be as popular after 50 years...

I don't even know what a POS looks like :D , unless it's a new abbrieviation for something B) anyhelp there?...LP shapes all the way like i said, and never single coils YAK haha.

-jamie