Guitar Dv4

OK, finaly decided to give it a try and get this guitar (guitars, got another one in the mid stages) done before I leave to Korea.

Specs.

Basswood body (would have done mahogany, but I couldn't get a nice piece in time) flamed maple top

Blue burst stain finish. Just l;ike the other one, black sand back, then blue and darker blue stain on the edges.

Jackson JDR94 neck, stained black with tung oil finish, body matching flame maple 13/16" veneer, scallop 12 up.

EMG's 81 both.

hipshot hardtail, black hardware.

DSC02008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02006.jpg

Wow, that looks great! Can't wait to see it with all the hardware.

I like the Jackson neck/headstock shape with that body and color. IMHO it's better looking than the Warmoth neck on the other blue beast. And the feel of tung oil on the neck will be awesome.

I also like the tone of basswood. I'll bet it'll sound badass!

Dam I knew You where up to something but A kelly!! Man That's cool

Is that blue left over from the 7-String?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I FEAR THE W.O.D

Hey Maiden Where did you get the design did you just best guess it Or did you

get a exact template??

Will she Be ready for GOTM :D

I FEAR THE W.O.D

Is that blue left over from the 7-String?

Is from the same stain, stewmac color tone, blue and black, I wanted a little brother for the seven so I went and tried to match it as best as possible.

I would go with gold hardware insted of black but of course it's up too you.
, I will like to see it with chrome or gold, but it is out of my budget right now, I had the chrome hardware but the tuners were for regular headstock and this one is reversed. But i don't discard the idea, I might change them later down the road.

Hey Maiden Where did you get the design did you just best guess it Or did you

get a exact template??

Will she Be ready for GOTM biggrin.gif

It better be ready, since I'm out of the country the second week of july, and I want to take it with me on the plane.

For the kelly I got some PDFs that were posted a long time ago, it is just the shape, but the size is VERY close to the real one. From there I made the templates in MDF.

Thanks for the response guys. It's always nice to hear that people like your work, I got another one ready for stain, but it's nothing out of the ordinary, so I will post later.

Hey Maiden thats some great work youve got there... i LOVE the shape of kellys and that is an awseme finish youve done there!

Sorry to kind of hijack here but curiosity has got me going here... how would you go about doing a crimson swirl on something like that?

Once again great work Maiden!!

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Blue burst stain finish. Just l;ike the other one, black sand back, then blue and darker blue stain on the edges.

Is it really that easy? btw im a noob and i love that finish, im planing to make my project with quilted or flamed maple and that kind of finish, so do you prepare the wood like you would for spraying paint? just sand sant and sand? or do you just sand maybe a little with like grit 260 then stain black sand back, blue and darker blue stain on the edges? do you mix some blue with the black to get the darker finish? or do you sand the black less on the edges? sorry if im hijacking your stuff but it's just to awesome not to copy :D:D

Edited by G.I. Ace

Finished last coat yesterday at about 2:00pm, has been hot as heck here, so I checked how hard it was, finished wetsanding 1000-1500-2000 and polished. Here are the pics of the front and back.

DSC02011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02012.jpg

I's already together, strings on, and have been playing it since about 5:00pm. All I can say is NICE... The tone is way different from the blue 7 which is the reason why to use different types of woods with it, it is bright and kinda warm at the same time.

Got another one finishing with the sanding sealer, tomorrow will be painted and cleared. Might be together for the weekend or monday. One piece mahogany strat style, with the treble horn a bit lower than a regular strat, also blue!!! I hate staining mahogany!!! :D

Man I think I've Lost cont Of How many time's I Had my Heart Jump every time

I oppen this thread!! :D

Man You half to do a step by step finishing tutorial From start to finish

wood,dye,finish every thing!! There's so many hear that could learn From

you work Me included

When Will I see some part's on that thing?

Matt, I have done that already and if you read Mykas thread it is the same process, so I won't do a step by step. The only thing I do a bit different is the paint (sanding sealer and then clear) since most of the guys just start with the clear.

well here it is complete.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02018.jpgDSC02019.jpg

:D AH,OOOOOOOH,WOW,NICE!! :D

Great work man Once again, EDIT: BA :D Never mind You cant Get much better than that It just look's DEADLY

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!