The Brutalizer v

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course he is...where have you been?

Well It would Look like I was Up North With my Head Up my a$$

I tried to tell you that several weeks ago.

Well Like I said I had my Head Up my A$$

I have To say that It's Cool Haveing You Hear Rodney man!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jeffnvivki/jackson1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jeffnvivki/jackson2.jpg

I sent these to Matt already but I thought id post them here in case anyone needs clarification. This was achieved with plastikote flock spray and several coats of clear coat. Its a bugger to work with. The flock is very soft until you get a coat of clear over it.

comments?

Edited by Digideus

This design is really awesome matt.

I gotta be honest with you, The Impaller is the only design of yours I've liked. Until now...

This design really kicks butt. I seriously would like one of those B)

I would like too see a finish like this on it. The white with blue flames would look really freakin cool on that guitar.

:D:D

Edited by Godin SD

Every time I see this topic title I think it says Brvtalizer. Damn dyslexia.

Awe crap!! :D Look I spelled Brutalizer Wrong in the topic title

of course he is...where have you been?

Well It would Look like I was Up North With my Head Up my a$$

I tried to tell you that several weeks ago.

Well Like I said I had my Head Up my A$$

I have To say that It's Cool Haveing You Hear Rodney man!!

Thanks Matt! I'ts kinda funny since I was kidding you about the V being Rodney inspired and you agreed. I wonder what you thought I was talking about!!

As far as the fleck paint, I used it on a desk several years ago and didn't care for it. It looks like that Jackson earlier in the thread turned out really nice, but I agree that it's REALLY soft and not fun to deal with. From what I remember it felt pretty

brutal to the touch too so I can't see It working out for long thrashing out sessions!

Thanks Matt! I'ts kinda funny since I was kidding you about the V being Rodney inspired and you agreed. I wonder what you thought I was talking about!!

As far as the fleck paint, I used it on a desk several years ago and didn't care for it. It looks like that Jackson earlier in the thread turned out really nice, but I agree that it's REALLY soft and not fun to deal with. From what I remember it felt pretty

brutal to the touch too so I can't see It working out for long thrashing out sessions!

Well I know You by your reputation Over on the Shredder And Your Work clearly inspires me!! but I thought at first you where a guy from the Shredder who was just useing your name and pic over hear on PG :D I Had No clue, Like I said I must have Had my head up my a$$ :D

and With the paint I went And Looked At some samples A while ago And I was A bit put off by it Plus I want Black!! I mean the brutalizer Just screem,s BLACK

so Im going to check out what Wes was talking about and Go from there

Thanks Rodney

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Ok I've been looking for The hammerite textured finish stuff And I cant realy find Much, what I have found Is Not good! I've read sofar that It's not any good On wood, it chips realy easy, and It's pricey :D

Ok so Is There A finish out the That Can give Me a black asphalt textured look

or Something That will do The black Hammerd textured metal look That will work well With wood?

The Hammertone finish should work fine over sanded Autobody primer. Check out General Paint on 33rd St.

Matt, I haven't read through the whole thread so this may have been discussed: Will you be using any neck angle?

Well It's MikeB Doing the neck and Than im Doing the rest So I'll deside when I get it, But as of now I dont think I'll have an angle and I'll resess the Tom bridge

and do a string thru

Matt,

I used the Plastikote on a cheap Les Paul copy many moons ago and it is very soft till you get a clear coat. It was VERY rough on the arms, but that was a LP style.

The Hammerite (i think thats the name) is really cool, and should be stable once you get a clear coat over that . . .looks like all the old 50's furniture. Maybe not so hardcore . . . industrial though.

Why not some kind of actuall rusted metal? Get something from the junkyard and then clear over that. I guess you would want to stabilize the rusting if that's possible .. .dunno . . .

Just a thought.

KOMODO :D