The Drak Blanket Apology

Well well well, the next chapter unfolds.

The past 2 days I have had time to think about the craziness that has surrounded this place for awhile, and it has affected me in ways I do not like.

For anyone who read the thread about my leaving, let me clear a few things up:

1. I am not leaving, but will be keeping a profile next to non-existant for a time to come. I doubt you will see me post anything substantive for some time.

I DO like this place quite a bit and seriously did not want to leave, and will not even remotely address the reasons I did. To address negativity is to bring on more of it, enough said about that.

I say this because various members have seen me logged in here after I supposedly had left and were left with a mystery they didn't understand and I have been PM'd about it more than once lately.

One note: my outgoing email ~mysteriously~ does not work now (you can fill in that blank), so the only way I had to contact various members was to PM them, which I obviously have to log in to do, so I hope that clears that point up.

But in my leaving, I created some damage myself, which I am taking responsibility for now, and apologize to those I inadvertantly wreaked any havoc on.

I told Brian I would take responsibility for my knee-jerk reactions a few days ago and clean up my side of the street as he cleaned up his, and restore the thread I ruined by pulling pics and posts, so I will be rebuilding that thread, so if you see me logged in, it will probably be to PM someone or to rebuild the thread or to just maybe read threads.

2.I talked to Brian about my situation, and we came to a mutual understanding.

He apologized to me for anything he may have done to set me off (completely inadvertantly as it was, Brian would never purposely screw anyone) and gave me some much needed facts about the situation for my own personal understanding about what happened and why.

He is a man with a tremendous character and heart.

This place still ticks because he is who he is.

Brian is one kick-ass individual and I have always respected and admired him for the even-handed way he runs a forum, which is far and away the biggest reason I like it here so much.

2. And I am now openly apologizing to EVERYONE (and I do mean everyone) ...on PG that I may have pissed off, set off, or given a negative attitude to in the past, no matter how bad or blatant the incident was.

The past few days I have found myself in a really negative state of mind over PG, and I don't live my life in a negative way, so it has got to go, the cancer has got to be ripped out at the roots and set afire until only the ashes remain.

So THE DRAK BLANKET APOLOGY is offered to everyone here and now.

If I have pissed you off, ripped into you, slashed your character, razored your pride or talents in any way, :D I APOLOGIZE DIRECTLY TO YOU FOR IT HERE AND NOW :D .

...and ANYONE who wants a personal apology from me for -anything- negative they have experienced from me is openly invited to PM me -directly- to receive a direct and personal apology, no exceptions, everyone is invited (well, for 30 days anyway B) )

Whether it was just yesterday or 3 years ago (some people can really hold a grudge y'know), ...bring it on big fella, Drak is gonna give you an apology, no questions asked. :D

3. I will no longer join in any conversation that involves opinions or other individuals, I will talk about the construction and/or repair of building guitars only, because I truly do love building me some dam guitars and talking about them.

And the people I always respect and admire on this forum and others I hang out on are the people who stay away from these types of conversations, and I am going to try and be more like them.

I feel that a positive ray of light and some blanket apologies and forgiveness all the way around might help this place pull itself out of the slump it's been in lately, and set a good start for all the new members, this place is growing like a weed lately, and I would like any new person to come in here and like what they see.

So there it is, I hope this clears up any questions anyone had or has, and like I said, I will still be a member here, but with a lowwww profile for awhile until I at least fix the damage I have caused, and I thank Brian for being such a great great host.

I have always believed that a positive can be pulled out of any negative situation if only one looks for it, sometimes it is quite hidden, and so this is my way of finding a positive in a negative, I hope many others can do the same and get this PG boat righted once again.

B)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was beautiful man! Glad to hear you won't be leaving and I hope to learn much from you in years to come. Since I've been here I have gotten along with you fine, but I think I understand people pretty well, or at least people with a similar personality to myself. Good luck with your work and I'm glad all is well on the PG front! Jason

I will no longer join in any conversation that involves opinions or other individuals, I will talk about the construction and/or repair of building guitars only

Every member should be required to carve that in their forehead.

Weird as I don't really feel like this was for me. I have lurked here forever and joined recently.

But I will tell you one thing Drak, it was your cocobolo V that drew me in here. I saw that and totally flipped out. And if you noticed in another thread, you made me buy a Hitachi right angle grinder and flap sander for rough carves.

I would have hated to miss out on your next guitar . . . and my next tool!

Thanks for sticking around and sharing.

KOMODO :D

I think that your leaving caused such an uproar around here because you are such a valued source of info and a straight shooter.

You've added MANY helpful tips to MANY of us here and took the time to put up with the onslaught of questions.

I use the 'last click' feature alot and I see you constantly PM'n peeps, giving even more detailed advice, I'm sure.

I appreciate your personality because there's no question, no obscure or hidden meaning to your intentions even if I may not always agree.

You're a huge contribution to this forum.

I hope you keep your PG legacy intact and continue to share your knowledge.

:D

I know we haven't always seen eye to eye on things, but I've always respected you. Your a great asset to the forum and I consider you a friend also, even if you don't feel the same towards me.

Oh Boy, I feel an APOLOGY coming on!!! :D

GF, my sincerest apologies if I have ever spoken wrongly of you in any way, you are a great builder and an even better tutorial put-togetherer, and if there's anything I can do to make it right, you let me know and I'll do my best to make it so. :D

Drak,I was away when this whole thing happened but I have always and will continue to think of you as a class act, a little rough around the edges sometimes but overall a smart and talented guitar builder with the patience and character to help other members and I'm glad to have you back(if you ever left :D)

First, let me clear something up. I wasn't the reason Drak left, or at least I hope not.. lol

I wasn't looking for an apology Drak. I was just clearing any differences we might have had before and moving on. Basically I guess I was actually the giving an apology myself.. lol

Lifes too short to argue, so let's just build guitars instead.. haha

:D

First, let me clear something up. I wasn't the reason Drak left, or at least I hope not

Whoa! How did we get there? :D You had nothing to do with anything, I have no idea how we just made ~that~ Canyon-wide jump!

I wasn't looking for an apology Drak. I was just clearing any differences we might have had before and moving on. Basically I guess I was actually the giving an apology myself

Maybe you weren't looking for one, but you had one coming to you, I remember giving you a hard road to hoe about your forum amongst probably some other things, so you definitely had a valid coupon for 1 Free King Sized Drak Apology (fries with that?). B):D

Lifes too short to argue, so let's just build guitars instead.. haha

Absolutely and agreed.

B):D

Drak,

You have always seemed to me to be honest, and straight to the point. I respect that a lot (Honesty can be rare these days).You dish out a lot of solid advise, and your work inspires people. I may not agree with you 100% of the time, but I don't think I agree with anyone 100%. You are one of those high 95%+ types though.

Dunno what happenings brought this about, but for what its worth its nice to know your around. Peace, and have fun building.

Rich

i want an apology for always outclassing my instruments with your work...i think if you are truly wanting forgiveness,you need to start finishing your guitars with food coloring and spray can acrylic,so that i can get some attention!

sell your spray rig and develop palsy...i can accept no less

I might as well chime in, Drak has been rough on me, but... its like that teacher in school that pushed you, I am still here and getting better. I enjoy his comments, though strong, he critiques my work to make it better, few people have the gusto to do that.

I understand what he is doing, I agree with him most of the time. I think his leaving for a brief time was due to other facts, I see his points.

Now lets buy some of my wood =). check out the auction section.