The Dragon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godin, that what i love about this design, the fact it looks off balance, it apears to go to the right, but it is actually balanced from a design point of view (im talkin as in theres a simelar amount of material on each side) i think its cool. Also i like to see new ideas, in this case the of balance-ness being tryed out, its fresh.

Theone.jpg

Ok now this one I like ASIS it feels right to me!! BUT I do think I should Add more meat on the bass side of the heal

Now I need to add my headstock and think about what kind of wood I should use that looks good with an Oil finish :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Ok I want GREEEEEEEN!! ive wanted green for A year now and I never do it :D So Flamed Maple top but Im not sure what to use on the Back

Now I want A slick clean look with this guitar

Just like this but no trem http://www.gmwguitars.com/customs/9_7u.JPG

Ok now Im working on A new design something that's more my style and my own rather than some one elses!!

now this is A crapy littel drawing I just did up so "Imagination" is needed but trust me I can see it done! and I feel that it's A good move on my part

Im staying true to my style

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...henewdragon.jpg

Im still keeping the other design and building it I just want this one first :D

11dragon.jpg

ok heres A better pic but im going to widen the botom of the V out a bit more

but this should give you A better idea

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...MattDragonV.jpg

I think I need to curve my Hooks A bit more like this!

11DRAGON.jpg

Well read this! http://mcs.acidpit.org/viewtopic.php?t=6186

And this is some stuff I was told thru pm!

Well, it looks ok, but it's just a cross between Yavcon's stuff and Ira Dutton's stuff. Try to come up with something totally original

And

Yeah, if you're going to "spin" stuff, use the standard designs that everyone spins. Don't spin designs that are true "artistic genius" like Rodney's and Ken's. IMHO it's disrespectful. I could spin them, but I don't.

I lived through an era where MY designs were spun all the time and I didn't like it much. As I said, even if the spin is "legal", it's still not cool without the original designers permission. 

There are too many people out there who think they are designers and the only thing they do is copy REAL designers work and put slight changes in it. I would have NEVER designed the Spawn without a specific reason and I will divulge that reason AFTER the law suit has been decided. 

Good luck with the Flying V spin.

That's why I want to build the V is all mine no style in mind JUST MINE what I want

to play, once it's cut out it will look way better

Matt, dont worry about what anyone says. We've seen your original stuff and its great. And for every design you can think of someone has probably done somthing like it before so just have fun. If it wasn't fun we all wouldn't be here.

whatIddo.jpg

thats what I'd do if I were you.... I like symetrical things....

thats just my friendly suggestion... :D

EDIT:oh yeah it would also then be a 3+3 head.....

Edited by eclipse666

Matt, the feedback you've gotten from the MCS forum is a bit disappointing, and not a little self-serving! That last PM is particularly smarmy - even Neal has "spun" other people's work into his designs (nothing against Neal, mind you, but it is true), starting with a massive rework of Dave Bunker's Pro-Star that evolved into the original Bich, and Rodney, Ken and Ira, while doing nice work, are all reworking territory that was at least hinted at back in the late 60s, during the Hippy days. I personally think you should ignore 'em and go on about your business - besides, I lke your design (even as originally presented) better than the Discordian or the Vortex, and I suspect that any Vee variant that you design is gonna make somebody equally unhappy! I would get rid of that silly horned demi-Yavcon headstock, but beyond that, I'd ignore the lot of them! This whole "Do as I say, not as I do..." attitude tends to chap me where I sit! No disrespect towards anyone, but we're all standing on the shoulders of the same guys who started this whole mess, and nobody has the right to say you can't incorporate your own influences into your designs, even if they may have some similarities to somebody else's work! But that's just me... :D

Matt, I... like mentioned above... could care less what the crowd at the MCS or even Neal could think about my guitar! I make the shape that I like and it is my guitar! I can't believe that PM that he sent you! All in all, it will be your guitar and nobody elses, so what do they care! Your design was great, and with the alterations that Alex did to it, it was very nice and balanced! I bet you that someone at the MCS will come in a few months with a guitar that looks just like your drawings! Psssf, I got the one that Alex did with the rounded body saved in my PC because I liked it! And if I ever get to make a guitar like yours it will be this one!

And with the goth or pointy guitars on the MCS, they all eveolved from something made prior, there are a few exceptions! And there is a few of Neal's designs that are a prime example of this, but once again, all it come down to is who is the guitar for, and that the owner feels proud of the guitar and that it plays great!

Well I should be geting both designs back from CAD so I'll pick betwen them

You guys can help me with that one!

I think I need to curve my Hooks A bit more like this!

user posted image

!!METAL MATT!! canadaflag.gif

I like the concept but i think you should angle out the wings a bit more, it looks kind of like a broom IMO, but it is for you and if it fits your style, go for it.

Edited by Nitefly SA

Mailman, those two guitars look nothing alike. Why do you always post in matt's threads about how his guitar looks too much like this or that? The guitar that you're not building isn't exactly revolutionizing the concept of guitars as we know it. Leave people to build what they want. If it makes them happy in the end, that's all that matters really.

Edited by thegarehanman

11THEDRAGON.jpg

It still needs some work the neck is A bit two thin but you get the idea!

EDIT: and on A side note I love the botom of the V but I dont like where the neck meets the body! It looks out of wack so I want to lose the Hooks

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Im thinking more along thes lines! but it's still missing some thing :D

11SIZEDRAGON.jpg

11GUITARDESIGN1111.jpg

What do you guys think? any Ideas?