Newest Project

godin, are you talking about "Damn" as the D-word? because i'm pretty sure the rules for swearing are pretty much "if its on TV its ok" i might be and probably am wrong, but i thought i read that on the forum disclaimer somewhere. like you said, back on track, your guitar is looking great, i'll be looking forward to those additional pictures

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm not sure if you guys read the rules or not but I'm going to spell it out for you.

Nothing religious is to be posted.

Dime razor if I was a mod I would give you a two week vacation right now for not only posting religious crap, but saying stuff about it that would be considerd extremely offensive to alot of people. Not only that but you used the D word in a previous post, also against the rules.

I don't really care what your view on religen is, I've already made up my mind, and nothing anyone on this forum could say will change it. It's just annoying that your breaking the rules and totally de-railing my thread.

Thread jacking is a big no-no. I've let it go on with the slang talk, which is funny. But this is going to stop right now.

I'm asked the moderators to delete the two religious trype posts.

So lets forget this happend and get this thread back on track okay? :D

More pics have been requested, and they will be up late tomorrow guaranteed.

Yeah, i guess i skipped the rules thing, sorry.

Anyway, theat guitar is looking sexy, i guess it sorta inspires me to stick my wood through the thicknesser and start cutting the body out.

:D

godin, are you talking about "Damn" as the D-word? because i'm pretty sure the rules for swearing are pretty much "if its on TV its ok" i might be and probably am wrong

Talking about American Television I assume.......cause here in Holland we can say anything we want on television at any time of day. :D

Back on topic.

Great guitar.

Well the binding turned out great!

binding.jpg

First thing I'll do today is rout the neck pocket, than drill bridge, than rout pickups. Than if I have time, I'll fret it.

All thats left to do on the neck is to fret and carve it. After today all I'll have left to do on the body is carve it, and drill misc holes, such as the strap buttons.

Edited by Godin SD

Nice work Godin. Is the fretboard already radiused? Are you going to sand flush the binding with the fretboard sides? Cos it looks from here that the binding is slightly taller than the fretboard. How did you do those mitres?

The fretboard is pre radioused, but it will be sanded down quite a bit to thickness it and the binding will be sanded flush.

The mitres we're done with an exacto knife and alot of time :D .

Okay I'm not sure if you guys read the rules or not but I'm going to spell it out for you.

Nothing religious is to be posted.

I'm sorry, Godin, for compounding the derailment of your post. I should have taken it to PM.

While I agree that there are better, more appropriate places for religious discussion, I have read the rules (including updates) and I don't find anything prohibiting it. Regardless, I went ahead and deleted my response.

That being said, let's get back to guitar building! :D

Mike

Huh thats weird, Now I can't find anything about it either :D

I could have sworn I read that politics and religen we're totally off limits on this forum B)

O well, sorry for reacting so much, I was just in a horriable mood I guess :D

The neck routing jig is set up (a modified version of myka's jig) and I'm heading out to rout the pocket now :D

Edited by Godin SD

Nice mitres - i'm impressed B)

Those are perfect 45 degree angles and nice and TIGHT :D:D

Not exactly 45's :D , but super tight B) . Nice work Godin. You have been getting better and better everytime I see your work. I bet you will fill up your new website with beautiful guitars.

Peace,Rich

Thanks Dan! Your guitar was killer too :D

I diddn't get nearly as much done today as I hoped. My neck pocket jig proved inadequite so I wen't to home depot to get parts and made one just like Mykas. B)

55.jpg

Here you can see the clamps that hold it down. link

and here is the result,

pic

With neck fitted

Full mockup

That jig worked wonderfully. The neck is nice and tight. It's very hard to press in/get out and there is no play in it at all.

It's extremely light (espicially compared to the wenge :D ) and it balances great. This guitar has some slight design changes made to it. The neck, bridge, and pickups are shifted forward so now the neck meets at the 16th fret and the bridge is much farther forward. This makes it feel much diffrent than the wenge guitar that was more compact feeling because of the shorter scale length and because the bridge was shifted so far back.

I'm not sure if I'll drill for the bridge studs tonight ,but I'm deffinitly going to get that fingerboard sanded down and preped for fretting first thing in the morning.

Edited by Godin SD

I've built that myka jig before, but am unhappy with the adjustability of it. That said, I'm going to build another with T-slots, special hold downs from grizzly, and built in steel rules for better accuracy and alignment. I'll make a tut for your thread when I get around to that, duff.

peace,

russ

Very nice work, the only thing I realy don't like id the short tenon (or the lack of it) for the neck joint. If you could have extended it a little bit more into the neck pup cavity (again if there is a neck pup) but this is your design so it is what ever rock your boat.

It is a bit on the short side compared to some I've seen. But I like to be able to rout the pickups without the neck attacked, it's easier with the jigs I have for pickup routing.

Currently I have the pickups routed, the bridge drilled, the fingerboard sanded to desired thickness, and the fret slots cleaned out. My brother is starting the carve on the body and I'm starting the fretting. Just taking a few minutes to let the router cool and get a drink of water. :D

I route the pickups with the neck off, but I extend my tenon most of the way into the pickup cavity. Once I have both the neck pocket and pickup route completed, I dry fit the neck, mark the area of the tenon to remove, then remove the neck and neatly cut away the marked area with a dovetail saw.

More tenon is nice, and, purely as a vanity thing, I like people to be able to see how tight my joinery is if they peek into the pickup route.