8 String Guitar For Connor Brown Of Putrefy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey Thirstygums - looks like you bought that tiny vacuum that Comet sell for about twenty quid mate :-D I bought one of those too!

That and one of those eight quid MDF topped Chinese workmates that the cross-strut nuts keep shaking off."

:D:DB)

Im laughing picturing just about every craftsman/hobbyist in the uk queing up with a cheap workshop vac and a workmate under each arm!

The truss hole is just my little signature mark but its practical too because you dont have to weaken the neck/headstock area by digging big old holes out of them, important i think if your dealing with extra string pressure on guitars and particularly basses. you get exactly a quarter turn out of it.

The binding is not really 'binding' as such its maple stuck on the board and i just prefer to have the fret tangs digging in all the way along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man this axe is going to kick some Serious Butt.

Excellent work.

I can't wait to see it completely finished.

I'd have left it un-painted but that's just me. Natural wood transparent finish always gives that "big-shot-ultra-expensive-custom" look to guitars.

Keep on rocking! :D

Edited by DrummerDude

What's up with the huge epoxy-filled gaps around the inlays? Especially on the headstock inlay with the maple veneer? The color scheme with the laminates and the green burst looks quite interesting...why did you choose to kill the flow of the quilt maple top by sanding through for an arm contour?

If I was building a guitar for someone and I was showing it in a public forum I would want people to point out some of the things that the customer might not be happy with.

+1

That's like ulser territory for me, because if the customer isn't happy, ain't nobody happy. That's one reason(other than having no free time) that I haven't had an interest in commisions lately; I like to live as stress free as possible.

peace,

russ