Prs Bird Inlays

I thought DePaule had some, but I just looked around fairly extensively and didn't see any after all.

Are you actually looking for pearloid, or just misusing the word? Pearloid is usually the plastic crap that some pickguards are made from... also known as "Mother of Toilet Seat." Are you not looking for actual mother of pearl?

The bird shapes aren't tremendously complex. You should be able to find some CAD plans for them somewhere... print them off, get some MOP blanks, and cut them yourself. It'll be rewarding!

If you want a template for the inlays themselves, I have a laser-cut fretboard template of a PRS neck that includes the bird inlays. I don't need it (since I don't do inlay work and I refuse to copy a PRS any longer), so I'd be glad to snap some pics and sell it to you if you'd like. The template is made of fiber-board (heavy duty) and is precision laser-cut. Let me know!

If you want a template for the inlays themselves, I have a laser-cut fretboard template of a PRS neck that includes the bird inlays. I don't need it (since I don't do inlay work and I refuse to copy a PRS any longer), so I'd be glad to snap some pics and sell it to you if you'd like. The template is made of fiber-board (heavy duty) and is precision laser-cut. Let me know!

a friend of mine has that template, thanks for the offer B) i have the copies of the outline of the birds, BUT i refuse to cut inlays after having a hard time cutting bc rich style diamond inlays with stew mac's saw, i just ditched it and cut them with a Dremel which worked 10000 times better ( those inlays are tricky cuz they are curved) so i figured that if the saw broke all the time with a fairly simple inlay pattern i didn't want to go thru that hell again with PRS style birds.

And i do like that crap called pearloid :D hehehe i try to be as enviroment friendly as possible, so if i can use a substitute then i'm happy. Besides, i don´t think the pearloid looks bad :D:D

Edited by eddiewarlock

Manufacturing the pearloid is probably worse for the environment than reusing natural shell. :D

probably! :D BTW i checked ebay, and i barely could find any inlays at all! i typed sharkfin inlay, trapezoid inlay, and cloud inlay and nothing came up. I checked with the sellers i know carry the stuff, and they had one or two sets of inlays available, man, they used to have like 20 different sets at least!! probably they´ve gotten a cease and desist letter??

Edited by eddiewarlock

I thought DePaule had some, but I just looked around fairly extensively and didn't see any after all.

Are you actually looking for pearloid, or just misusing the word? Pearloid is usually the plastic crap that some pickguards are made from... also known as "Mother of Toilet Seat." Are you not looking for actual mother of pearl?

The bird shapes aren't tremendously complex. You should be able to find some CAD plans for them somewhere... print them off, get some MOP blanks, and cut them yourself. It'll be rewarding!

I swore that Andy DePaule had those as well, but like you said they are not there. I also remember him having sharkfins, but I do not see those on there any more either.

I know that there are plans for the bird inlays in the download section if you make a donation to the forum.

I swore that Andy DePaule had those as well, but like you said they are not there. I also remember him having sharkfins, but I do not see those on there any more either.

I know that there are plans for the bird inlays in the download section if you make a donation to the forum.

I've read somewhere on his site that he sometimes gets calls or letters asking him to stop selling certain designs that are same or similar to certain companies designs, so he just drops them to avoid hassles. So, there is a good chance he did sell them for a while, but now no longer does. He has so many designs and new ones are always showing up, I'm sure there are other cool inlays that would look equally as good or better.

you will never find inlays on ebay by searching for specific inlays. just type in guitar inlays. i look at the m all the time. check out this page

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Guitar-Parts-Ce...6QQftidZ2QQtZkm

ahhh i was looking for this guy and couldn´t find him! thanks, i better buy some inlays sets quick! thanks again man!

Edited by eddiewarlock

Find yourself a local laser engraving place (they do corporate rewards, trophies, plaques, signs, etc) and bring them a DXF file and some pearloid stuck down to cardboard. It'll probably run you $30-$40.

Or look up Huntin' Doug here on the forum, he'd probably do them for you.

Edited by erikbojerik