Look What I Stumbled Over...

heggis

I'm not a fan. There is a ton of scratches in the chrome which makes me think its not triple plated. It's small but the switch tip is not chrome and the mounting bolts are not chrome. I understand the story but it just seems a bit off to me. There is a reason wny very few guitars are complete chrome. I saw the Satch model in a store and it looked like chrome on wood not chromed metal.

I'm not a fan. There is a ton of scratches in the chrome which makes me think its not triple plated. It's small but the switch tip is not chrome and the mounting bolts are not chrome. I understand the story but it just seems a bit off to me. There is a reason wny very few guitars are complete chrome. I saw the Satch model in a store and it looked like chrome on wood not chromed metal.

it's not even single plated...it's aluminium. I have come across quite a few aluminium-bodied guitars lately when looking around, and I've become pretty tempted to build one. Don't know if I'm gonna go for body + neck or only the body. I quite like the look of the Noah guitars telecasters.

Ever tried to strap a car to your back?Or put one across your lap?

I guess what I am trying to say is,since I am an ironworker,and I have been putting up steel for the last fifteen years,I feel more than qualifed to tell you that steel is heavy...and it is nowhere near as pleasant to work with or look at...or smell...as wood is...

I could easily build a steel guitar...I have a truck in the yard with every tool I would need..but why the hell would I?

when i said steel i guess we are on different wave lenths there i am talking about sheet metal 18 gauge should be fine it would still be a little hefty but by no means was i saying toss some half inch steel plate together. and when you are talking about a guy that has build cars form 4 x 8 sheets off steel i would say he is very capable.

I think a steel acoustic could be done at a reasonable weight if you used thin Aermet sheet and maybe a nomex core. But . . . . why?

If you don't want to use wood, there are composite materials that seem like better choices than steel.

Todd

The guy build cars and when i say he builds cars i mean he has a 33/34 3window in his shop that he build form flat sheet metal he also has a model a roadster that he started out as a cowl das and window uprights

building things out of metal is what he does so it kinda makes sence that he would want to build a guitar out of metal its kinda his thing.