Art Deco Themed Lp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a black P90 cover they don't need? That's all I'm missing to finally have this thing done.

You're still waiting for the cover, John ?

I can certainly donate a P90 cover ( pm me your address) if that is what it takes to push this build into the finished instruments realm.

Those inlays are beautiful, both in design and implementation.

Anyone have a black P90 cover they don't need? That's all I'm missing to finally have this thing done.

You're still waiting for the cover, John ?

I can certainly donate a P90 cover ( pm me your address) if that is what it takes to push this build into the finished instruments realm.

Those inlays are beautiful, both in design and implementation.

PM sent

• 5 months later...

That's it.... I surrender. The demon that possessed this thing has finally bested me.

body saved from an art/sculpture project that went wrong

1st top didn't work with the bridge recess

1st finish on fretboard went fubar - refinished

2nd fret job went south

headstock refinished 3 times - finish still lifted around the edges

headstock inlay has gaps that refuse to fill - epoxy w/ squeeze-out to glue in, 2nd & 3rd epoxy fill later, CA into gaps, 3x refinish into gaps still not filled.

unmanageable string height - no amount of nut shims, truss rod torquing, or bridge height adjustment will give playable results

My 1st post on this was June 1, 2010. The body began it's existence some months before that, so it's safe to say that this demon has been tormenting me for over two years. It's time to send it back to the pit from whence it came.

I'll try to save the inlays and spalted top. The truss rod and all electronics/hardware are fully salvageable. Everything else will be exorcized by fire.

That's it.... I surrender. The demon that possessed this thing has finally bested me.

body saved from an art/sculpture project that went wrong

1st top didn't work with the bridge recess

1st finish on fretboard went fubar - refinished

2nd fret job went south

headstock refinished 3 times - finish still lifted around the edges

headstock inlay has gaps that refuse to fill - epoxy w/ squeeze-out to glue in, 2nd & 3rd epoxy fill later, CA into gaps, 3x refinish into gaps still not filled.

unmanageable string height - no amount of nut shims, truss rod torquing, or bridge height adjustment will give playable results

My 1st post on this was June 1, 2010. The body began it's existence some months before that, so it's safe to say that this demon has been tormenting me for over two years. It's time to send it back to the pit from whence it came.

I'll try to save the inlays and spalted top. The truss rod and all electronics/hardware are fully salvageable. Everything else will be exorcized by fire.

Fire!!!!

Please shoot a video of the burning.

Awfull pity. I liked this one.

But I never just burn a project. I much prefer to tie it to the big fookin poplar tree in my yard & smash it to hell with a felling axe.

electronics, hardware, body, neck - the whole fookin thing. Just tie it up there & decimate the bstard. then put the oxy acetylene torch to it

much more theraputic than just a fire.

2 handed sledge hammer or fire axe works nicely aswell. smash it to hell first - then burn it :D

I say sit it aside in your workshop.

If you don't finish it at least it'll look good leaning against the wall. No point smashing it up or burning it when you've come this far. I've got a couple like this leaning against the wall that you've probably seen filling in the background of my build pics.

I've had it "leaning on a wall" off and on for far longer than I like. I won't put any more work into trying to fix it, and I don't want to even look at it any more. No, the demons will be sent back to he11 this weekend, weather permitting.

It's kinda ironic that I'm exorcizing these demons while working on the Rhythm King with the "hand of God" inlay. :D