Guitar Of The Month For June

Guitar of the Month for June  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Curtisa.

The headstock is not to my tastes but out of all the guitars if I had to pick up one, then yours would be the first. I like the gidgee fingerboard (Ive got three there myself waiting for builds) and the top looks great as well. The superstrat style carve on the tele shape totally works.

Menapia was a close second and would have got the vote if the headstock and body carve were more to my liking but as always, you cannot please everyone. Good work.

I picked the wrong month to enter again... :D REALLY tough to choose. I ended up with Curtisa but it was a close call for sure...

I like parts of all the builds this month. The neck on the Cairbre reminds me of Florentine basilicas but I thought the green pickups looked a little out of place. I voted for the spalted. I love spalted maple and I like the clean look and simplicity of this build.

Good to see a return to form this month with such a large collection of entries to choose from.

I went with the Spalted Maple Singlecut this time round. The combination of black hardware and the spalted top sit nicely together.

Job well done to all entries this month!

Indeed, quite a crop. I voted for AndyT's "Dirty Frank" on the basis that it is the right balance (IMO) between the 1984-era original (sans dirty neck and singed headstock) and a solid, down-the-middle well built single pickup killer. A lot of Frankie repro builders try and replicate every last detail to "instill mojo" which is futile. He got the motif right and built the rest around that, authenticity be damned. Also, why try and capture an instrument that continually evolved over a couple of decades in a snapshot of around February 17th, 1983 at around 11:43pm? :-X

Had to go with Simo. Just a beautiful example of complex simplicity: flat top(although spalted), 24 frets(on a singlecut), no inlays and silver side markers, and I'm pretty sure those were emg bass pickups right?

Thanks :) The pickups are EMG P81/P85, they're exactly the same as the 81/85 humbuckers, just in a P90 sized housing.