Matching Car and Guitar

I always love something just a little on the different side and I wanted to have a new guitar to show at this years Jemfest!

Since Ibanez refuses :D to build a Jem FP with AANJ I would go about it on my own :D

Because nobody has been able to find an exact match to the material I decided to change the color scheme since everyone does Black I went with Champange and had Alex make up a line drawing using the image of an original FP for me to go by so here it is!

aanjhf.jpgaanjhf2.jpg

Yes it is glowing with Holographic material running through it's veins :D

Of course if you were there you knew I missed the last half of the fest because of car trouble :D

Which brought me to the conclusion it was time to trade in the Oldsmobile and sure enough wouldn't you know the car I wanted came in the exact same color as my new guitar! B)

car1.jpg

It's a 2004 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

car2.jpg

Rides sweet as can be and is very comfortable for a tall guy like me

car3.jpg

Has all of the toys including Air/Automatic/AM-FM CD and Cassette

car4.jpg

You can see better pictures of the guitar here!

B) !!!

The links to the other pics show the holographic effect really well.

I think I like the champaign color better than black with the material. :D

...and the pickups, that's just too cool.

I showed my fiance and she loved it. I guess I'll have to build her a bass in champaign or maybe light blue and holographic material now. :D

(I can only dream of it looking as good as yours though)

Nice car btw. :D

SWEET axe, and sweet ride. I have been eyeballing those PTs myself, and I gotta ask a question- Will a full stack load into that vehicle? (Full size tube head, two 4x12 cabs) The ability to haul that and several guitar cases, along with decent gas mileage, are my criteria for choosing a vehicle. :D

My 1991 Accord wagon hauls all that very nicely, and I anticipate it lasting another couple of years. BUT, gotta look to the future!

I think they will since the rear seats can fold up or even be taken out easily! The MPG was the same as my old car which is around 21-29 mpg so no big savings there but the insurance is something to talk about. I shopped a lot first to see what would happen and get this, going from a 92 Old's 88 Royal > 2004 PT Cruiser Touring Edition same FULL coverage my insurance went up a whopping $2.65 every 6 months :D

Brian,

Do you think that color shifting paint with holographic material on a guitar body would be over-kill?

Would color shift paint or shades of blue drowned out the holo effect or enhance it? :D

Thanks, Tony

Edited by VanKirk

I'm thinking to keep it simple I may just get Rob over at my local sign shop to cut the material into ultra thin pinstripe strips and just do a simple pair running down the side for now instead of painting the whole car over.

that is absolutly beautiful brian! thats amazing!!! what paints did you use!!!!! PLEASE post a painting tutorial. that is one of my favorite fp custom jobs EVER tied with the pencil sketch FP LGM did!

He already answered the paint question. Dupli-Color Auto.

I completely agree, I want to know every little detail of how this guitar came into being. I keep going back to the picks to look at it again, and again and again! B)

Would be nice to know up front though is on the peghead, was the Holographic material laid first then masked to leave the logo unpainted, or was it cut from Holographic material and laid on the paint? Chicken and Egg, which is it? :D