Meet Morpheus!

I lifted this from Neal Moser's Custom Shop Forum, pretty wicked, eh?

Rodney designed it. He was an active member around here around last Christmas or so for a short time, then kinda drifted out.

You go Rodney!

PS, this is actually a lefty in real life, but someone did a little photoshop magic I guess, and re-posted the pic as a righty, I decided to post the righty version. Just for accuracy's sake dontcha know. :D

morph_right.jpg

Hey drak , Rodney hasnt been around for awhile cause i think he messed up his foot somehow or somthing ( i could be wrong) and hasnt been back yet. He kinda fizzled out on us over at the MCS forum too. If u wanna check out more of neals designs check Moser Custom Shop or u can talk with him on the mcs forum at www.mcs.acidpit.org

Both Rodney and Neal are genius's. I dont think the hard part would be designing the thing but building it , whick they do flawlessly. The best part is , everyone at MCS ( Neal , Earlleen , Mal , Sal , and Rodney ) are all great people and will help you out whenever u need help.

MCS Shredder thread

A little update on Rodney. He is hella busy.Apparently hes into Realestate too. :D The injury to his foot is ok , but its the kind that may come back to haunt him.

Neal has said "Rodney's a great concept designer, but not a professional builder.

He did staining and some basic inlay for PRS in the early 90s, but you can't make a good living working for a guitar company.

So, he's into Real Estate. You can make some BIG BUCKS doing that.

He's also playing music again and doing lots of recording. "

if you are a shredder then thats a cool guitar... if you are not then the design is not playable... imagine if you drop it, cracking off a horn?

waste of a guitar if that happens

You should take a look at the legacy series. There not all pointy like that.

why would you drop it?i have never dropped a guitar in 14 years of serious playing.

if you are that much of a klutz maybe you should only play teles while standing in a room full of pillows

i have cracked a tooth pulling one over my head though

i bet the guitar is completely playable when finished

i have cracked a tooth pulling one over my head though

dunno if any of you happen to know the No. 1 Stretch Strap, it's basically what it says, an elastic guitar strap. People use it for show effects like making the guitar bounce in front of them. In the case of my teacher however that backfired on stage once. He didn't lose any teeth but he sure as hell missed the rest of the song after catapulting seven pounds of guitar dead center under his chin and subsequently falling over... :D

Thank god he wasn't playing one of Rodney's designs, emergency reconstructive surgery would have been necessary (on the face, not necessarily on the guitar)

so long

ace

Nothing wrong with the designs, it's just not my cup of tea though. To each his own. From my perspective they look exactly like BC Rich guitars with notches cut out of the body. lol I can see someone like Slayer using these nicely, but they definitely don't reach a broad range of musicians. I mean could you imagine Eric Clapton, or Jimmy Page endorsing them.. haha But I can see their uses if you was in a bar room brawl, I'd definitely want one with me. :D

Nothing wrong with the designs, it's just not my cup of tea though.  To each his own.  From my perspective they look exactly like BC Rich guitars with notches cut out of the body.  lol  I can see someone like Slayer using these nicely, but they definitely don't reach a broad range of musicians.  I mean could you imagine Eric Clapton, or Jimmy Page endorsing them.. haha     But I can see their uses if you was in a bar room brawl, I'd definitely want one with me.   B)

Theres a reason they look like B.C. Rich's. Neal was with BCR in the early days. He designed both the bich and the virgin (during the class axe era). Brian Hoffman proudly endorses MCS now. :D

• 4 weeks later...