Lpish Build

looking good as usual Amdy - curious tho' - is that another LP I see in the back-shot? was this the "template"?

Ha, no had some templates & half way thru building remembered I had that LP copy in a cupboard somewhere. It was a £80 kit guitar and my 1st ever 'build'

Drilled the control holes, its time for some colour

dyed with a golden oak colour, then sanded this back

Then covered the whole thing in amber stain and tried to burst in the golden oak again

IMG_20120524_161435.jpg

IMG_20120524_161041.jpg

couldn't resist a mockup

IMG_20120524_154955.jpg

IMG_20120524_154716.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_20120524_161041.jpg

I would go as far as to saying that this is near as damnit my "dream" burst. A little more of the marginally green-gold "faded honeyburst" tone and the fine dark edge and it's cracked. This is good as any of the MyLesPaul forum's "repro" threads. Talking of which....are you going for the sensible modern components in the cavity or going all-in with the OCD mojo junk?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bet if you posted this build on the MLP forums you would get all kinds of love. Then you could drop the bomb about the cheapy harness and watch faces turn green. :hyper

If you GOTM this one, you have my vote. After I receive it by courier of course.