LGM Leviathan 6 string

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a really great thing you have done for this kid!! It is extremely hard to find anyone willing to take the time out of there busy schedules to teach these skills let alone give them the thing. Much Respect my friend Much respect.

Well, tonight's the night. I'm taking him and his parents out for supper tonight and I will have the guitar hidden in the restaurant until dinner is finished. As far as he knows it's a dinner to say thank you to his parents from driving him to and from the shop every day all summer. Right now he thinks the guitar is residing with it's new owner in Chicago :D Will post pics after tonight B)

So here is the setting:

Earlier this evening I set it up with the restaurant to hide the guitar in the back so it can't be seen. It will be "served" as a "special dessert" after dinner.

I took my bike back to the restaurant so there would be no way Kyle would think anything was up.

We have dinner etc etc etc. The waitress asks if we would like dessert, I told her, "yes, can you please bring out that "special" dessert for us now"

So, we tied a napkin around Kyles head so he couldn't see anything. I tell him how he's worked hard this summer, and how I'm really proud of him. I told him I liked seeing he was upset when I told him the guitar was sold because it meant that he really does care about the guitars we build even when they have to go to somebody else.

Well, the waitress's bring out the guitar, the entire restaurant is silent. Everyone is watching.

I take out the guitar and I tell Kyle "You know how the guitar is going to a customer in Chicago?" and he says yes, so I say "You know how I'm going to Chicago?" he says yes, and I say "Well, I'm the customer from Chicago"

I took down the napkin / blindfold and tell him

"Here you go man, you've earned it"

At first he couldn't even move his arms up to grab the guitar, he just sat there in shock, then he shook and shook and shook.......

well, the pictures tell the rest of the story :D

Kyle%201.jpg

Kyle%202.jpg

Kyle%203.jpg

Thats such a great story, and an amazing looking guitar to boot!

Its not the guitar im jealous about though, its the oppurtunities you gave that little bloke..... i could only be so lucky :D

Truly great work all around Jeremy

- Dan

The funny thing in all of this is, I didn't do anything that Kyle didn't deserve. This kid is truly and amazing kid and he totally deserved the opportunity and the guitar. I almost feel guilty about the whole thing though because it made me feel so good. I don't know who was happier, Kyle, or me :D

The only thing I can say is if you ever have the opportunity to do something like this for a young kid (and one that deserves it, not just any kid) do it, the rewarding feeling you will get is one that you will NEVER forget.

[stands humbly in Awe]