Is this the same Jeff Litchfield that we know (search the page - it's down pretty far):

Ed Roman's site

I didn't know he was a fan of the Quicksilver or Ed (if that was the same Jeff Litchfield)?

BTW - is it true that PRS does not bookmatch their tops? I've never looked that closely at one. Is the finish really as bad as it is stated there? I always thought PRS was known for their finishing? I'm so confused.

yes that is jeff, he was proud of that letter, then claimed he was under duress or some crap when he found out most people hate ed roman....

PRS bookmatch their tops fine. Its people with absolutely ZERO friggin clue that claim PRS doesnt know what they are doing. Carved tops are only every "truelly" bookmatched in the section which isnt carved away. Considering thats the bit under the bridge pickup and bridge, and the bit you see is the bit you CANT EVER POSSIBLY get a perfect bookmatch from (because the book matched original surfaces are carved away), i can kinda see why people listen to eds views on it, but HE IS WRONG.

Ya know, that page on Ed Roman's site made me decide to send him a letter. If you want to read it, here it is:

Subject: Lack of professionalism.

Date: 6/24/2005 4:32:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time

To: ed@edromanguitars.com

Hello,

I am not writing to disparage your opinions on PRS or any other guitar company. The fact of the matter is I really don't know -- my personal forte is with bass guitars. I am writing to address your response to Rick Hammer's letter. I find it distasteful that you felt the need to insult Rick on his spelling and grammatical errors. That fact that you then posted the letter AND your response on your website proves that you are a wholly unprofessional businessman.

This unprofessionalism is enough to cause me to avoid any dealings with you or your company. From what I have seen, your business practices are shady and dishonest. I do hope you realize the reputation you have built for yourself, because I assure you it is not a good one.

Sincerely,

Chris Karnes

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

That email you sent Ed Roaming is in the trash as we speak. Look a little more on today's posts and you will find a conspiracy in the works by Frank Falbo and others. Frank has a cool idea while he is in the Vegas area that should get Ed good and stirred up but I am considering an addition that might get him bodily throw out of the store and I don't think Frank would mind that, if I read him right.

Here's his website, some pics are still on it:

http://litchfieldguitars.tripod.com/home/index.html

"Both guitars will become collestor's items. Not only because of the low number, but because I will not be using imbuia again."

Hahaha. Great line!

Meant to ask this in the other "Jeff Thread", but it got closed.....

Jeff contacted me, probably a year ago, with a proposition wanting to know if I'd want to go into business with him. He didn't say exactly what would be entailed, I assumed 'gutar' building, so I promptly replied stating I wasn't interested.

I was mainly wondering if he contacted anyone else with the same idea.......?