Newest Project

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've built that myka jig before, but am unhappy with the adjustability of it. That said, I'm going to build another with T-slots, special hold downs from grizzly, and built in steel rules for better accuracy and alignment. I'll make a tut for your thread when I get around to that, duff.

Have you seen xlr8's take on the jig? Just as you described.

Because of some things that came up I have not done nearly as much as I would have liked.

Currently I'm ready to finish the neck, the grain filler is drying now. For the body I still have to do the back tummy cut and it will be grainfilled/stained/washcoated today.

That still leaves me around 4 weeks to finish, 1 week to dry, 4 days to string/setup, and overnight it to the band and it will get to them the day before the concert. Yikes!

Here are some pics. (body wood wetted with naptha for shots, the neck has the epoxy grainfiller on it.)

15.jpg

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

The epoxy is clear. I'm very happy with the carve, turned out nice and even.

I just got done with the tummy carve.

I went for a much smaller carve compared to the sinkhole that was on the wenge guitar :D

Now the body is ready for it's grainfill application.

Man I LOVE this peice of mahogany :DB):DB)

20.jpg

pic 2

pic 3

Edited by Godin SD

That is some kickass mahogany. Shame that it's not the front of the guitar. :D I know you probably need and/or want some flamed and curly maple pieces to showcase for a certain demographic, but I really like the look of the mahogany better than the maple.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...