A New Project

WHHHAAAAAAT??? Seriously, an 8-neck guitar??? At least that's what it looks like, and that is craaaaaaazzzzzy! It'd be nice to see it pulled off though. Good luck!!!

+1 for two or three 6 string necks with different tunings - one set up for slide! Two in standard tuning, one hardtail, one trem.

Then a 6 string fretless, obviously a 12 string needs to be in there somewhere - and a baritone -

Wow - thats 8 i could actually see using. although the obvious problem is that some necks wont be usable anyway because they will be hard to reach so it might be worth just putting really cheap hardware on those to keep the price down. I wouldnt do them as completely unplayable 'dummy' guitars but i wouldnt invest much money into them either!!

The problem rick nielsen had with his 5 neck guitar was that he couldnt ever reach the bottom neck (the fretless one i think)

I guess you have seen it but we need a picture of it in this thread!

cs-CheapTrick8-Athens12902.JPG

BTW I have completely solved all the problems that occur with multi neck guitars, well minus the weight! Mind you I am being very sarcastic right now and my idea is very strange, but is possible. My paint drawings were too ghetto. Anyhow, what if you used a circular track and each of the two neck bodies were actually kept separate and placed on the circular track. So when you want to play one toward the bottom, you slide the top body counterclockwise along the track over to your right, then its out of the way and you can play more easily on the lower necks, hahaha. I think my idea is as crazy as the whole idea.

loco.jpg LOL, yeah real late indeed!!! :D:D

Edited by jmrentis

Well I'm definitely going to be following this thread keenly!

If you can afford it, then its definitely a worthwhile project if only for novelty value alone! You might even have a world record there... ive never seen a guitar with more than 8 necks.

But how much will all that hardware cost? 16 humbuckers, 8 various bridges, all those tuners..... i could never afford all that!

The cost, can be kept down since it won't be very playable. Economy tuners are $10 per set. Just get bargain pickups of FleaBay. Samething for bridges. There are actually a ton of possibilities for eight necks.

1) Strat setup

2) Tele Setup

3) LP setup

4) Super Strat setup

5) Seven string

6) 12 string

7) Slide Setup

8) Bass Setup

wow. the ten neck idea is almost more practical than the 8. I have a suggestion for the 8 neck now, how about build a stand (similar to the other one suggested earlier) except that it rotates the whole guitar, as opposed to it being setup in sections of 2.

Hey jmrentis, I all ready had that idea, but for a 10 neck . Since my son plays left the other player in his band is right-handed it would work. Here's a pic I did months ago.

Does he also have 6 left arms? :D

Let's see some more progress on this one!